Heated Dog Beds

Heated Dog Beds

Its winter season over here and considering on getting a heated dog bed for Lilly the new family member. She is 9 months old and i feel like she needs to stay warm atleast until the season is over. I am shopping for one on http://www.petstreetmall.com/Heated-Dog-Beds/465.html

Any ideas on how effective these heated beds are?

I wouldn't do it personally. It's the whole electric blanket thing. The dog will be exposed to strong electromagnetic fields (EMFs) right next to their body for long hours at a time, day in and day out. Not worth the increased rate of cancer and other sicknesses.

Don't you live in Miami how cold does get there . ???!!! Your dog will not be able regulate her own body temperature if have her sleeping on a heated bed all winter . She is going to get really cold when she has to go outside ,this sound like a real bad idea to me. Your puppy will be fine sleeping on a dog bed or some blankets . Does your puppy live outside all the time?

Well we have 3 heated purr pads for our cats. They are all on a timer so they come on intermittently during the day and night as not to burn out. We've used them over the years and never had a problem. My cats love the warmth and if they get too hot they roll off the pad. My cats are indoor only by the way. I think your dog will enjoy it.
    “Save a life and save a stray”

I would put a towel over the pad, just to keep the cat from getting to hot and I would not set it any higher than low
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Thank you guys for the valuable information, @Nightowl sorry i forgot to tell you that i moved to North Dakota to spend a couple of months with my fiancee, actually i adopted Lilly while i was here, the temperatures over here can get to -1 degrees. To be honest i am not used to this kind of weather should be flying back to Miami in February. Cant wait.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.