Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What is CYTOPOINT and SHOULD YOU Use it on Your Dog?

No I don't know anything about vitasone. Resicort was carried by Amazon.com. Did you try them
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

I did try Amazon and several other places. All of the places I've looked either say No longer available or out of stock. :-(

he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Thank you so much!

here are some reviews from customers

https://www.amazon.com/ResiSoothe-Le...ews/B00076HU14

Also you might consider adding one teaspoon of missing link for skin and coat to her meals. It will give her a nice soft shiny coat, its all the vitamins and minerals she may be missing in her diet.

I can appreciate the caution of any new drug and I was weary of this when the Vet suggested we try it, however I can say that this drug while very expensive has made a world of difference in my girl. She is a 114# nine year old GSD who developed allergies at around 5-6 years of age.

We live in southeast Texas where it is very hot and humid almost year round. Pollen, mold, ragweed and even grass turns this poor baby into a miserable, suffering shell of my former dog. Other Vets simply diagnosed it as her diet, so we cut out beef and chicken went with Bison, Deer, Duck etc. No change.

Finally at my wits end and exhausted from all the food changes, steroid prescriptions, and medicated baths twice a week we embarked on a new Vet. She has been on Cytopoint since May of this year and has just received her 4th shot this past Tuesday. The difference is night and day.

This poor girl had skin that just turned black and greasy, her hair fell out, her ears were just fully engulfed with yeast, she smelled horrible and worst of all she was just completely miserable. So far there aren't any discernible side effects that I can tell. I don't know if we are going to have to spend the rest of her life getting these injections or not, hopefully not but as long as she continues with these allergies I have to give her relief. I am not encouraging or discouraging anyone from Cytopoint, I just want to share my experience with how wonderful this drug (so far) has been for my baby girl.

Thanks for sharing your experience, very happy it helped your girl, sounds like she (and you) went through a lot. Welcome!

I love the Cytopoint shot for my dog and paid 60.00 and a visit only every 6 months. My Yorkie is doing extremely well on this.

That is greeat Adrienne. I wish all dogs that take Cytopoint could be so lucky.
    Keep your cats inside and safe.

The most outstanding word in this thread is DOG. As in, made just for dogs. That's great because it means vets are not prescirbing a human drug in smaller doses, but what about cats?

Just a reminder on the cytopoint. I does not control the allergies, just the itch. So, your dog will still have allergies and can still get skin problems. I still have to give my girl baths every week during allergy season. (all year long ) For my dog it definitely helps with the itching. She actually can be a dog instead of scratching and licking all the time. Can you imagine how horrible that would be?

Quote Originally Posted by ccox View Post
    Just a reminder on the Cytopoint. I does not control the allergies, just the itch. So, your dog will still have allergies and can still get skin problems. I still have to give my girl baths every week during allergy season (all year long). For my dog it definitely helps with the itching. She actually can be a dog instead of scratching and licking all the time. Can you imagine how horrible that would be?
    Welcome to the forum.

This is a very good "point" to remember. It is important to control the allergy itself, not just the itching. Common sense is you want to get to the bottom of it. If you only stop the itchi9ng, the dog may only need 12 doses, but there is not even a confirmation allergies are the problem.

My little yorkie/terrier was given an injection of Cytopoint by my vet and died twenty four hours later...she was drowsy, loopy, disoriented and seemed to be in so much pain it was hard to even lift her up...her neck became very stiff like she could not move it and she was frothing at the mouth...we are all broken hearted as this did not have to happen.

That's terrible Martina, so sorry this happened to your girl. My sympathy, rest in peace little one.

^^ Very sorry for your loss. What a horrible, needless tragedy. Thank you for sharing your story and helping to warn others.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.