Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

My Poor Josie

they aren't doing both at the same time are they?
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Oh No. He will do one and 6 weeks later the other. Oh my poor girl. You would never know she had both legs bad She is so good. But what a shock... my vet must not have checked both legs. But he will hear about it tomorrow!

Poor little girl, I hope all goes well for her. And your boy will be so sad, loosing his best friend to play with
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Lovemylittleboy, I'm so sorry to hear about your baby needing surgery now on both legs. I hope the surgeries are successful and she no longer has problems. When we were young we had an Alaskan Malamute that had to have both back knees operated on when he was young, his knee caps were not the way they were supposed to be when he was born.

We didn't know until we noticed he had trouble walking up hills and his rear quarters were atrophied, they were very narrow and slim compared to his front shoulders, partly because his front was bearing all the burden of his weight during any activity, walking, climbing stairs, etc.

But in our case, even though we had the surgeries and gave him the best aftercare at home, he was never right. He's cry out in pain if he accidentally playfully jumped up, etc. I think Josie's case with the ACL tears would have a much better outcome, but my dog had this problem in the early 70s, medicine has come a long way since then.

Hugs to you and both your furbabies, wishing for the best for your little Josie. Sad you have to go through this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    Lovemylittleboy, I'm so sorry to hear about your baby needing surgery now on both legs. I hope the surgeries are successful and she no longer has problems. When we were young we had an Alaskan Malamute that had to have both back knees operated on when he was young, his knee caps were not the way they were supposed to be when he was born.

We didn't know until we noticed he had trouble walking up hills and his rear quarters were atrophied, they were very narrow and slim compared to his front shoulders, partly because his front was bearing all the burden of his weight during any activity, walking, climbing stairs, etc.

But in our case, even though we had the surgeries and gave him the best aftercare at home, he was never right. He's cry out in pain if he accidentally playfully jumped up, etc. I think Josie's case with the ACL tears would have a much better outcome, but my dog had this problem in the early 70s, medicine has come a long way since then.

Hugs to you and both your furbabies, wishing for the best for your little Josie. Sad you have to go through this.
    Thanks Alpha, it is gonna be rough for her but you are right things have come a long way, but it is still sad. So so young. I am sorry about your Malamute, boy, you know my niece's Basset Hound had the exact same problem when he was young, well he is only two now , but they had to screw the knee cap in place because the socket wasn't right , I think she said it was too small. His knee cap would pop out all the time and move to the side of his little legs.
    It is hard for her to be still, and Jax is so jealous and don't understand. She never shows signs of pain ..... never ,the whites of her eyes turn red and then I know she is in discomfort and give her a Tramadol. The vet call a few minutes ago and said the surgeon will come up Feb 16th, I sure wish it were sooner!

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    Poor little girl, I hope all goes well for her. And your boy will be so sad, loosing his best friend to play with
    Thanks Linda

Oh yipes...2 legs! I feel bad for everyone in your home but we'll stay positive and everything will turn out fine. Hang in there my friend
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Thank You Esme . Yep it will be a couple long months.

Quote Originally Posted by lovemylittleboy View Post
    Thanks Alpha, it is gonna be rough for her but you are right things have come a long way, but it is still sad. So so young. I am sorry about your Malamute, boy, you know my niece's Basset Hound had the exact same problem when he was young, well he is only two now , but they had to screw the knee cap in place because the socket wasn't right , I think she said it was too small. His knee cap would pop out all the time and move to the side of his little legs.
    It is hard for her to be still, and Jax is so jealous and don't understand. She never shows signs of pain ..... never ,the whites of her eyes turn red and then I know she is in discomfort and give her a Tramadol. The vet call a few minutes ago and said the surgeon will come up Feb 16th, I sure wish it were sooner!
    I don't envy you and all you're facing right now with Josie. Thank goodness she's with someone who loves her and is doing what's best for her. Thinking of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    I don't envy you and all you're facing right now with Josie. Thank goodness she's with someone who loves her and is doing what's best for her. Thinking of you.
    Thank You Alpha

Well tomorrow is surgery day for my Josie, I just don't know how she can walk with one be repaired and the other still bad. I feel so bad for her. She wants to play and romp so bad. And poor Jax is a fit cause he can't run with her outside. I kind of wish it possible to have them both done at the same time , but it isn't. ..... such is life. It is gonna be a long couple months. But she will be better I know. She is a tough little girl. I am breaking out in hives everywhere thinking about it all.

I hope everything goes good for her, but its going to be a long recovery for her. But the more quiet you can keep her the sooner she'll heal. Poor jax, he must not be a happy boy without her to play with. I feel for you

Yeah and then when that one heals , it is time for the other. But I can rent a cold laser to treat her at home from the vet for 85 a week. It obviously isn't as strong as the Vet's but he has this for people to rent out to help them along. I can use it on both legs not just the one that she is having surgery on tomorrow. I hurt when I look at her walking. But she never leads on she hurts .IMG_0174.JPG
    All snuggled up together on the cold winter day.
    IMG_0176.JPGstupid pictures! I just don't get it lol
    IMG_0167.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Poor baby, I hope everything goes smooth for her and you tomorrow, so upsetting....hugs.

I've been thinking of you and Josie this morning, hopefully its done by now and all went well

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.