Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

My Poor Josie

I hope all goes smoothly for Josie as well. The photos of her and Jax snuggling are so sweet. Good luck today my friend
    “Save a life and save a stray”

we dropped her off at 8 . I don't know the order in which she will be take. She didn't want to go in the door. I told them make sure you are gentle with her!
    Thanks for thinking of us!
    I lovemylittleboy ~ Levi's mom

Thank you so much Esme . They always sleep together...not much they don't do together.
    jax misses her already too.

Thank you Alpha, this surgeon is one of the best and he has had one of his surgeries like this come back or tear . He is very good . And I am getting two legs done for the price of one ! The place our vet wanted to send us was 4-4500 for one! And they only do TPLO's . I said forget that. They said it might be longer than 6 weeks before the other one..and total time is 9 months before she will walk pretty normal with healing being about done . I am have the Laser treatment too. I can rent one from my vet to bring home ....that is good. Not as strong but it is something! My poor girl I hope they don't make her wait more than 6 weeks for the other one. I asked them how is she gonna manage this AND ME with one unusable leg right now and the other one still bad.......... UGH . But we will make it through some how. She did say though she may use her leg that is fixed to just touch ground to help the other side. I know I will probably have to do the towel thing to hold her up. But I hope she can move her bowels and pee ok. I just can't believe she did this to both of them. at the same time! What are the odds?
    But I will keep you all informed, thanks again my friends!

the laser treatments will help her heal faster, it does work. You are going to have your hands full though, she will have to stand on the fixed leg to go out because she won't stand on the other, which she is not supposed to do but she has to be able to walk some. Its not going to be easy but you can do it. Just think next year at this time she'll be fine. Thinking of her and you, we are here for you you know
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Thank You Linda. I know this is gonna be tricky, I hope she don't think she is being punished...lol. I have been giving her glucosamine chondroitin with msm and Jax too. It will kind of hard to keep Jax from getting excited around her. Those two are so close. But I will just keep a scat mat in front of her so he can't bug her. You know I told them I had E-Collars already and she said well they are included with the price so... pfffft, she said I can bring the collar with me but it won't come off the price. I booed at that! lol Cause it is stupid to have to pay for another when I have one already, my vet always takes it off the bill if I have one to bring. But I guess I can't complain too much .... I am saving tons of money with this surgeon.
    I got her bed ready in the living room with us. Jax has his in the dining room they are big beds and my living room is tiny. He like to lay there by the big doors so he can lax on his bed and pillow and watch all he wants. But he will probably end up on the couch lol. My husband is more nervous about Jax trying to get her all excited than I am , I told he has to be able to sit with her for a while if he wants. Just gotta watch he don't try to lick her wound. They do that with each other for small things. SO now the wait is on. Thanks again and I will keep you guys informed as we progress. I love coming to this place cause we all are of one mind with the animals.

You're so loving and caring, Josie is lucky to have you watching out for her. I think Jax will sense she's not well and back off a little, good luck with both of them, you really have your hands full.

Thank you Alpha . You are so kind. So far she is still not sure what happened. I feel so sad for her. I have never heard her cry but she whimpered a couple times. She has to be in so much pain. This is so sad. They wrapped both legs , he did the one that was operated on so she can have some kind of support for when she tries to go potty. She is so heavy I cannot lift her to take her out. And almost dead weight , good thing my husband is here. He works tomorrow ...ugh... but will be off the weekend and next week.
    She will go Saturday for a laser treatment and again Monday then I will rent the one from my vet to have here and I can give her 3 treatments a day. Cause it isn't as strong as the vets obviously. Jax don't understand he is being good though was anxious at first, and his bed is in here too so he isn't left out. I am half worried about tomorrow being alone with her. lol. Cause having to take her out.

if you can't take her out by yourself how about putting a diaper on her. Or even a depends like the old people wear? Sometimes we just have to improvise, just a thought
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Thanks Linda. I am managing ok. Better than I though. Today Daryle took her to get her wrap off, and first laser treatment, but he had to go back cause she popped a stiitch and bled all over the car. They wropped it again till Monday for her next treatment.

Lovemylittleboy you have a lot going on but I just know you'll do fine. You do the best you can and everything will work out. Poor Josie going through so much and popping the stitch doesn't help but those laser treatments will work and before you know it Josie and Jax will be playing like the puppies they are and things will be back to normal. Hang in there my friend
    “Save a life and save a stray”

I sure do Esme , I am so tired! lol. But Josie is being very good. Until she has to go back to the vet ,,,Daryle said she would not go in there lol he had to pick her up. Of course she has good reason. I am afraid to have them play normal again I don't want either one to have to go through this again. Poor Josie will have to though in 8 weeks.
    Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement!

I'm glad Daryl is helping you out, I can imagine how tired you are, just the worrying wears you out I'm sure. Poor girl, can't blame her for not wanting to go in there, I hope Josie feels a little better soon and isn't in too much pain.

Thank you Alpha for your kindness. It is tiring. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do. We sat in the driveway in the sun while Daryle walked Jax and I messaged her leg. She really wants to walk , go for one. But I think walking around the yard to go potty is even too much. She hasn't an appetite today But have to make her eat so she can have her pills.
    I have the cutest picture of Jax and Josie , but I can't get it to insert. It is on Daryle's phone he sent it to my email and I saved it to this computer and It won't let me insert it it keeps saying invalid. It is Jax with his head on hers while they rest on the one bed. I am no computer savvy person so I don't know what to do now. I couldn't even get it to save right to My Picture file . Ugh! I never had a problem before with that part.
    Finally! got it to work!
    received_179512095871105.jpg Watching over his sissy!
    Last edited by lovemylittleboy; Today at 03:47 PM. Reason: add photo

So happy you were able to share that photo, soooo sweet, how loving they are with each other! You have a special pair there!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.