Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

My Poor Josie

I know Esme, gotta expect good and bad. Yes Jax does want his sissy back, he just don't understand. I gotta baby him too a few times a day!
    I lovemylittleboy ~ Levi's mom

Good luck with Josie.

Thanks Alpha

How is Josie doing?
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

She is doing ok Furball&bones She still has a long way to go but doing well, the pad on her foot is slow to heal. But I nurse it daily. She wears a boot to potty and take it off inside. I am taking her on longer walks weather permitting . Her appetite still isn't the best but she ate a little better today. Jax is being a booger about eating too. Maybe it is cause his sissy is not up and playing Thank you for asking.

Sorry to hear they're not eating normally, but that can be expected in a case like this. I know you're doing a LOT of extra work to keep your girl comfortable and safe, I bet it's really tiring for you on a daily basis. Hope hubby is helping a bit more than he was. Hang in there, hugs to you, Josie and Jax.

You are doing your best for Josie and Jax my friend. Maybe it's the medication she's on that's affecting her appetite or just not feeling like food since she's not getting much activity?
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Thanks Alpha and Esme. Jax is really getting anxious indeed since Josie can't really run and play yet and he wants some pampering , more than usual, he will eat out of my hand , but not the bowl. Maybe I should buy different bowls. I got them both those toys you put food in and they roll it all over and they eat the food then, only Jax wants both of them! He is getting greedy. I am trying this NULO Salmon and Peas food and Josie loves it , but Jax is being stubborn , with any kind. he really liked it when I first brought it home though. Josie is getting a bit depressed cause she wants out on her own and not on a leash. She just sits and looks out the window. I wish this rain to snow , then snow to rain would stop already so I can walk her more. And the wind oh my goodness , it has been so cold and bone chilling! It was safe for any creature to be out there! Sure is a weird winter,,, but is ok , we will get out sooner or later. I hope sooner too cause my back is killing me and walking would help. I can't walk Josie too far yet though because of her pad sigh..... it is holding us back a lot. Even with her boot. But this too shall pass.
    Thank ladies!
    Oh has anyone tried Nulo? It is made is Texas and privately owned. It got a 5 star rating. Sometimes changing food helps and this sounds pretty good, never had recalls either.
    Josie really took to it so did Jax , he is being a snot now. Lol. But will still eat it out of my hand. I tried Zignature too they liked it , but it made them thirsty so something in wasn't good. But they have a low salt percentage. Sodium in Fromm is 42% and 47% depending on the formula.

Well her scar was healing perfectly, last night it was all good. I came home from church today and I saw the top of her scar looked like it was getting infected It drained a bit too. now it looks like the scar wants to open in that spot.I mean not wide open but it has a small gap ! Tried to wrap it but it don't stay on and I don't think it needs wrapped really . I don't have the good sticky stuff they use I had regular, and tried to keep gauze on it and wrap it with that. Obviously I know that is the hardest spot to cover anyway. Don't know what could have happened at all! SO I cleaned it up a bit and put neosporin on it . My my my .......

have you thought anymore about getting bag balm. that will keep it soft so its not crunchy, not as apt to break the scab and be leaking
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Linda I totally forgot about it. she hasn't got anymore scabs They were gone a while ago. That is why I was so shocked to see the top of it like that this morning. It looks a little better now since I cleaned it up and put neosporin on it. I had only 3 antibiotics left from the one script they gave me when they changed them. I will see how she looks come morning. I bet Daryle didn't watch them to good when I was at church and they played and maybe it just got hit. or scratched . If it looks ok I will wait on the vet call.
    Thanks Linda

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.