My Dog has lymphoma anyone have experience with this

My Dog has lymphoma anyone have experience with this

My dog Carly has canine lymphome. she is in very early stages of the disease we are trying to have her treated however, we cannot afford treatment we have setup a go fund me www.gofundme.com/3cqyeoo if anyone could help and spread the word we would be very thankful. If anyone has experience with this disease please let me know, thank you.

My Levi had it, it was very aggressive , when we found it was lymphoma it was only not even 6 weeks and he was gone. I am very sorry to hear about Carley. do what you can and just love her and be there for her

I had a shepherd with lymphoma, its a very aggressive cancer in dogs, my dog lasted 5 weeks from the time she was diagnosed. Save your money, this is a battle you can't win. My daughter had a bulldog with lymphoma she spent 15K on treatments for him and he only lasted 6 weeks.

First they will suggest treating it with pred, that will bring the lumps down, but its only temporary. I had my shepherd put down because I got up one morning and she was all bloated and having a hard time to breathe and rather than let the lumps strangle her I made the decision to let her go peacefully.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    I had a shepherd with lymphoma, its a very aggressive cancer in dogs, my dog lasted 5 weeks from the time she was diagnosed. Save your money, this is a battle you can't win. My daughter had a bulldog with lymphoma she spent 15K on treatments for him and he only lasted 6 weeks.

First they will suggest treating it with pred, that will bring the lumps down, but its only temporary. I had my shepherd put down because I got up one morning and she was all bloated and having a hard time to breathe and rather than let the lumps strangle her I made the decision to let her go peacefully.
    It is just so stinking HARD and SAD

Its never easy to loose any pet but cancer is especially hard, if you choose to treat it or not the outcome is the same. I knew someone that had a dog with lymphoma, vet said he was a very good candidate for chemo, they brought him in for his first treatment, they brought him back for his second treatment and the vet tech took blood said she would be back to get him if the blood work was ok, she left the room, the dog got up walked around twice in a circle then dropped dead. So I think they just tell you its treatable to get more money, maybe some are successful but I don't know anyone that had a dog that beat cancer.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Oh my goodness Linda that is so horribly sad. They are sick enough with out all that going on. That poor dog. Plus chemo always burns the sight of where the line is on their legs. Oh so sad of a story! I could never live with myself if I saw that happen to my dog. I will get Cannabis Oil Extract be fore I would do chemo on a dog. Even ME!

she was my rescue, came to me in very bad condition to begin with, that girl never caught a break

I'm so sorry to hear about Carly. It's not easy but keeping a positive attitude for her help. I lost my cat Stella to cancer about 5 years ago...I didn't put her through chemo and she ended up passing away in her sleep but the whole experience was terrible as we didn't have her for very long. Please keep us posted.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.