Overstimulated or something else?

Overstimulated or something else?

I'm new to being a cat owner and didn't realize how different they are to handle compared to dogs. That being said my kitty is pretty loving a good portion of the time but sometimes he'll be purring and bite me when I'm petting him. Initially it's pretty gentle so I take it as a warning bite that he doesn't want to be pet anymore and I calmly pull my hand away and leave him be, but almost every time, he then pounces and bites me harder. I don't understand why he does this but when he does I put him on the floor to make him go away.

How old is the kitty, if it's a young kitten he's just excited and playing.

This cat expert does mention overstimulation in his video, when you're just petting and they bite. My cat will do that too sometimes, be sitting on my lap so happy, either purring or combo purring and trilling, and I'm petting him. Suddenly his ears suck back and he bites, but he never breaks the skin, so it's not mean aggression.

I don't have much advice, but I am curious to read other responses, as my boyfriend keeps treating my cat like a dog (he's never had a cat either). The best advice I can give is to not try to compare them. Cats do their own thing and it's usual less obvious what they are feeling. If the cat has had enough of people-time, walk away and come back later. Good luck!

If you are talking about a kitten, pouncing and biting harder probably means he wants to play. In a cat's mind, there is no difference between dragging a string on the floor and moving your hands or feet away from him. My cat used to do this when she was a teething kitten. Make sure your kitty has some toys that withstand biting and chewing.
    Rescued is my favorite breed. Don't shop, adopt!

When mine was a kitten he loved "toe mice", the minute I moved my foot in bed he'd pounce. Claws like steak knives and teeth like needles and he'd get me every time.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

I had the rubbing alcohol handy when mine was a kitten, but he wasn't all that bad and I started clipping the tips of his nails pretty early.

naughty nanny wasn't as bad but she is a different breed of cat. She was always more laid back than Orri, he'll go after anything that moves. A couple of weeks ago he caught a mouse, she went to see what he had and he growled at her, I went to see what was going on and took it away from him, put it in the toilet to flush it away and before I could get the cover down he had jumped in the toilet to get it.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.