another recall (Against the Grain)

another recall (Against the Grain)

News

Views

Against the Grain Voluntarily Recalls One Lot of Pulled Beef With Gravy Dinner for Dogs

By Deidre Grieves February 15, 2017 at 04:38PM

Against the Grain Pet Food is voluntarily recalling one lot of Pulled Beef with Gravy Dinner for Dogs due to potential pentobarbital contamination.

The product affected by the recall is as follows:

Product Name: Against the Grain Pulled Beef with Gravy Dinner for Dogs
    Size: 12 oz. cans
    Expiration Date: December 2019
    Lot Number: 2415E01ATB12
    UPC Code: 80001

According an FDA release about the recall, oral exposure to pentobarbital can cause side effects such as drowsiness, dizziness, excitement, loss of balance, nausea nystagmus (eyes moving back and forth in a jerky manner), inability to stand, and coma in dogs.

Consumers can find the expiration date, lot number, and UPC code on the back of the product label.

This recalled product was distributed in 2015 to independent pet retail stores in Washington and Maryland. Against the Grain has verified that the lot is no longer on store shelves.

Consumers may return any recalled products to their place of purchase and receive a full case of Against the Grain food for the inconvenience. For any questions, customers may contact the company at 1-800-288-6796 between 11:00 am and 4:00 pm CST, Monday though Friday.

Source: FDA

he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

I got this alert today and one for Blue Buffalo and Companion brands yesterday. There is a lot this year so far. How do they think the Phenobarbital got in there ugh we know!
    I have been trying different wet foods for Jax and Josie to help them eat a little better with kibble (Fromm, which they are not crazy about anymore...so I may be looking for others. Orijen is just so expensive and ya have to feed so much of it), But they seem to like Weruva Stews, I look it up and it seems to be a good wet food .... but ....it is a product of Thailand , I don't like that at all. The I tried one called Lotus and it appears better than the rest Sigh...... so much stuff. Lotus is made in California by a family owned business.

canned food will make them fat, to many carbs and fat in it. Pick a good dry food and stick with it, you are creating fussy eaters. Put the food down, when they get hungry they will eat.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Well I only use a tablespoon in.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.