Ducklings Struggle to Follow Mama

Ducklings Struggle to Follow Mama

Cute and interesting. Thank you. It's like Mom knows well that they will have a lot of trouble but waits patiently for them to learn.

It's neat to watch these animals and how they do what they do even in an inhabited area like that with the steps. If I was there I would've wanted to jump in and help the little ones too, but unless the mother started leaving with the others and one was definitely left behind, I'd do just what the video takers did, wait and watch. That would make my day for sure!

I was going to a client's apartment when I was health aide and saw a mother duck with her ducklings and the mother had jumped onto a sidewalk that had a very high curbing . Some duckling weren't able to jump up and kept falling off, I notice the mother was leading her family across a very busy street toward the river and half her family were being left behind . I helped the duckling up and tried not to touch them too much then I ran the street and stopped the traffic so the whole family could made it to the river safely . I wasn't sure if cars were going to stop for a woman wearing white pants and pink top and a health aide ID tag but they did and were good about it. I told my client why I was a few minutes late and she said it was fine b/c he liked hearing my story . This video reminded of the ducks I helped.

So glad you were there to help them Nightowl!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    So glad you were there to help them Nightowl!
    Thank you Alpha1 ! I am glad I was there at the right time b/c I would had been really upset to had seen any ducklings lying in the middle of the road.

Nightowl...that is great that you helped out those little ones. Plus you risked your life stopping traffic but you thought of the ducklings first and that is AWESOME!!
    “Save a life and save a stray”

The struggle is real for these duckling but hard work pay-off.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.