Aqua Dog Portable Water Bottle with Bowl on Top

Lightbulb Aqua Dog Portable Water Bottle with Bowl on Top

Just got a flyer in the mail from Bed, Bath and Beyond for one of these 'as seen on TV' portable dog water bottle with bowl attached at $12.99. I might pick one of these up for travel in the front of our truck or just for short walks in summer. It doesn't hold too much, but should be good unless on a long extended hike.

Even at the dog park in summer, we carry a water bottle and tupperware bowl for him to drink out of, this just might be a bit more convenient, don't know. Anyone here ever try one of these?

I've never tried one but looks like it would come in handy.

TBH, it seems like just another passable gimmick. Fun to watch. Probably fun to use the first time.

But then:

Once that straw gets slimy from continued contact with moisture, how am I gonna clean the inside of the straw?

What about the top part, continuously exposed to air and other schmutz? I'd prefer a plain simple thermos type shape, where the cup screws back into the top, so that it doesn't collect dirt and whatever else I pass by.

So, I'm keeping my $12. Sorry Mr. Inventor.

P.S. I'm not wearing and dangling that thing on my wrist. You know, I do have some dignity.

:- )

Dog Force, there won't be continued contact with moisture for the straw to get slimy because just like the other water bottle I've been using, it's emptied daily and allowed to dry. If need be, a soak in the sink with water and bleach should take care of any potential problems.

Not too much schmutz in the air where I live , so that's another non-issue. Although you poo-pood it, I had a 20% off coupon and picked one up yesterday. The bottle is a softer plastic making it easy to squeeze, so that's a minus, if you're not careful you squeeze water into the bowl when you don't want it.

I took it to the park today, strapped to my belt loop, and he eagerly drank out of it, better than the way he accepted the tupperware bowl I was using. On the way back home I squeezed a bit into the bowl for him and reached him in the back seat for a quick drink.

I normally carry a tiny backpack to store my bottle and tupperware bowl in the park, so I guess this bottle can be carried like that too. Or....I can strap it on my waist on hot summer days and charge $1 a bowl to owners whose dog's tongues are dragging on the ground from running or fetching tennis balls. Just joking, I've always given some water to dogs in need on hot summer days, unfortunately not everyone carries water for their dogs in summer.

As long as we can keep it upright with nothing pressing on the bottle, it should be perfect for when we go camping and are traveling with the dog and cat in the truck. The cat hasn't drank out of it yet, but it would be easy for him to do while driving. So for us, the small price is worth the convenience of this new gizmo.

Oh Alpha, you are such. a. pushover. Kidding! :- D Thanks for the interesting writeup.

Well, I am a pushover/sucker sometimes. I bought these Aqua Globes years ago....something makes me drawn to aqua stuff, must be my horoscope sign Pisces. Anyhoo, they didn't work like they were supposed to, I wanted them to water my plants when on vacation, but they ended up in the trash.

I'm a Pisces too and I like to try new things. We are who we are so embrace it I say!
    “Save a life and save a stray”

P.S. It's awesome of you to carry extra water for those poor dogs who have thoughtless parents. You are a very kind and generous soul

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    P.S. It's awesome of you to carry extra water for those poor dogs who have thoughtless parents. You are a very kind and generous soul
    Thanks Esme for your kind words, but I don't set out to carry water for other dogs, but Bigfoot often doesn't even want a drink when he's been chased and it's a hot summer day....so I have between a quart to a half gallon to play with. Sometimes when my dog refuses to drink any water, I'll pour out what's in the bowl over his collar and rub it on his neck. He's not a big drinker like my Schnauzers were, that's for sure.

I didn't realize that Bigfoot doesn't drink much but you are prepared. Plus cooling him off with the water on a hot day is a great idea!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.