My Roscoe

My Roscoe

As most of you know from my thread continuation of "My Roscoe not eating" he is no longer physically here with me. We adopted him 11-2-02 at the age of 2 and his name at the shelter was Cyros. We named him Roscoe after Roscoe P. Coltrane from the Dukes of Hazzard tv show although we never really watched the show just heard the name called out and thought it was funny and fit our furry boy. Roscoe became fast friends with every cat...he never hissed or swatted at the other cats. His best friend was Esmeralda and when they played together it was something to watch...he was so gentle with her and always remembered she was tiny and only had one-eye. Although Esmeralda was a tough cookie at times she loved him so much too. This morning my hubby and I buried our Roscoe right next to Esmeralda. I still can't believe he's really gone but I know he couldn't live on and suffer for our benefit. My heart aches but his memory will always be with me. I'm trying to post another photo here but can't get it right so I will post it on my album. I thank Alpha1, Linda and DogForceOne for all your touching messages. It means more than you know at this time in my life.

“Save a life and save a stray”

Thanks for telling us a little more about your boy and his life in your home. He sounds so precious, a sweet baby for sure. I put the photo into your post of your beautiful Roscoe in the back, and Elwood in front.

how are you today Esme? The hardest thing is burying them, then it really sinks in they are gone. But he is at peace and not suffering anymore. Take comfort in the fact that he had a wonderful like with you.

P.S. My grandfather was named Roscoe.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Goodbye dear Roscoe. Send Esmeralda our Love.

Wait at the Bridge.

I'm so sorry for your loss! He was a handsome boy!

I'm so sorry Esme. We will all be thinking of you.

Good bye Roscoe.
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

Thank you Alpha1 for posting that photo. Thank you all for your support. Although I've been through this multiple times it's still very surreal and I keep expecting to see him or hear him meowing for food. Also whenever Roscoe approached a water dish he would fix dig a little and then drink. I never saw that in a cat and I'm trying to remember all the little quirks he had that made my Roscoe so special.
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    Thank you Alpha1 for posting that photo. Thank you all for your support. Although I've been through this multiple times it's still very surreal and I keep expecting to see him or hear him meowing for food. Also whenever Roscoe approached a water dish he would fix dig a little and then drink. I never saw that in a cat and I'm trying to remember all the little quirks he had that made my Roscoe so special.
    Been there, done that. When I lost my first cat, I would come home thinking, "Where is Emily?"and had to remind myself she was not in the house. My last cat was the only one I had when see crossed it. For the first time in almost 21 years, I did not see food and water bowls or a litterbox. It felt weird. I had to put laundry baskets where the litterbox was (next to the washing machine) because it was very sad to not see anything there.

Looking at pictures of my cats in heaven makes me sad about forgetting some of the things they did.
    Rescued is my favorite breed. Don't shop, adopt!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.