Are or were your rescue animals grateful to you?

Are or were your rescue animals grateful to you?

Hello and was your dog rescue grateful to you? How did they show you they were grateful? My dog Rocky was a complete rescue puppy. I was in my bank parking lot and I heard very sad crying. I thought it was a baby. I looked and there on the pavement was a tiny puppy sitting looking at me and crying to me for help. I picked him up and held him closely. He quieted down after crying more to me attempting to tell me his entire sad story. I took him home and raised him. He was so grateful to me in every way possible and he was an outstanding watch dog for me. He listened to my every word always and did what I asked of him. Please share your rescue with us.

I took in a badly abused german shepherd, she had been the product of a divorce and was kept in a crate for 18 months so the x wife couldn't have her. I took her and this dog was not your typical shepherd, she didn't even know how to bark or play, I had another shepherd at the time and she kind of taught her how to be a dog. I lost her to cancer at the age of seven. I now have another shepherd and a bengal cat and a rescue siamese. The siamese is a typical cat, does what she wants, I call her naughty nanny because she is always into something. She is not a purebred but it didn't matter she needed a home so I took her
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

this is naughty nanny, she is a lilac point siamese
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

this is Phoenix

This is Orri, my bengal

All 3 of my dogs and cat are rescues. My Chihuahua Jackson came from an abusive home. It took awhile to build his trust but now he is my velcro dog and everyone says they can tell how much he loves me cause he follows me everywhere and waits by the door for me. Salsi my Chihuahua mix came from a home where her 11 year old owner formed a rare brain tumor. They would have to travel out of state a lot for treatments and had no choice but to leave Salsi at home. They knew that wasn't good for her so the mom of the daughter contacted me through my ad on Craigslist. Salsi has separation anxiety and is scared of dogs and people she doesn't know. She's a real love bug once you take the time to build her trust with you though.

My cat Cameron I actually found at the end of my driveway when she was about six weeks old. Her fur was filthy with mud and had those briar burs. Got her all cleaned up and she has been mine ever since. She tickled me cause I'll never forget that day I walked up on her and as I bent down to pick her tiny self up, she gave out the tiniest yet bravest hiss I've ever heard.

Your Orri has such beautiful markings and thank you sharing with us. Newbie Sandy M

Orri is a purebred bengal. His mom and dad are both champion show cats. He was a gift to me for Mother's day from my oldest daughter and son in law. I was devastated after I lost my first bengal to cancer so they bought him for me, he wasn't born yet but they had put a deposit on him and I got pick of the litter.

The breed is fairly new, it was created by crossing the asian leopard cat with a domestic shorthair and after 4 generations the bengals we now have were the result. They have only been around since the 90's so in cat time they are still fairly new

Yes and all of us are thankful. Rott Mix age ? found living in the park for a week, skunk sprayed too. Her eye lid required two surgeries. She had pups in the past it appeared. 6 years later a 81 pound couch potato full of love. Beagle/Pit mix starved and then in foster for extra time, the love of my life and I am of hers I feel. Retriever mix, well she was from the rescue but a happy healthy pup. 9 Years on she is the queen.

I will include my Jack though a Pure Bred she is so happy to be part of the bunch.

Gypsyroadlady...what are you dogs names? I adore my rescues and the feeling is mutual. Love begets love.
    “Save a life and save a stray”

My uncle's dogs were super grateful when he found them. They almost never leave his side.
    Dog tracks are amazing lmao

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.