So Excited, Getting A Parrot!

Talking So Excited, Getting A Parrot!

I'm so excited! I'm going to more than likely be getting a parrot to add to my family May 27! They are having a bird expo, kind of like Repticon except for birds. There will be a bunch of local breeders there selling all different types of birds! I've been doing a lot of research online and have narrowed down my choices to just two species. It will be either a Green Cheek Conure (Pineapple color mutation) or a Senegal Parrot! I'm thinking I will wait till I get there that day and see the babies that are available and go with whichever one sings to me (no pun intended) lol! Just wanted to share my excitement with you guys!

That's great! I love birds but I only had one in the past that I rehomed to a bird loving lady with a big aviary in her home. She loved my beautiful African Grey. My mistake was buying him from a pet store and buying a mature one that was untame. I thought I could make him friendly but I had no bird experience at all. Lesson learned, I'll just stick with dogs and cats. I know you'll have lots of fun at the bird expo, hope you find a special one who clicks with you!

I have a very good friend that has 20 parrots, everything from amazons to african grey. She has one cockatoo that she got as a baby but most of the rest are rescues. People who would bring them to her to "bird sit" while they went on vacation ect and never came back for them.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

An old thread by a lady who loved her African Greys and all her other pets. http://www.petforums.com/showthread.php/932-Baby-Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    That's great! I love birds but I only had one in the past that I rehomed to a bird loving lady with a big aviary in her home. She loved my beautiful African Grey. My mistake was buying him from a pet store and buying a mature one that was untame. I thought I could make him friendly but I had no bird experience at all. Lesson learned, I'll just stick with dogs and cats. I know you'll have lots of fun at the bird expo, hope you find a special one who clicks with you!
    I can totally relate to you as I've owned several types of birds growing up. I, like you, got all of them from pet shops and unfortunately was never able to successfully tame any of them. I'm hoping to get some pics if they allow that there. I would think they would so I can share them with y'all! Thanks, I'm hoping so too!

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    I have a very good friend that has 20 parrots, everything from amazons to african grey. She has one cockatoo that she got as a baby but most of the rest are rescues. People who would bring them to her to "bird sit" while they went on vacation ect and never came back for them.
    Oh wow! That's so kind of her to take all of them in after being left abandoned like that. I'm sure I'll be asking plenty of questions once I bring my baby home! Maybe you could pass along some of them to her sometimes and get back to me with her answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    An old thread by a lady who loved her African Greys and all her other pets. http://www.petforums.com/showthread.php/932-Baby-Alex
    I read through that whole thread and enjoyed every second of it! Thanks so much for sharing it with me! I hope she and her babies are doing well!

Have fun and good luck at the bird expo. Breathe deeply. The expo is surely designed to dazzle, intoxicate, and sweep you off your feet. Don't do anything impulsive or rash (like I do ).

Long after the expo is gone, anyone you bring home will still be with you, and for a long, long time.

(I mean birds.)

Thank you! I ended up coming home with a Crimson Bellied Conure! He/she is 12 weeks old! I'm currently awaiting on the results of his/her DNA sexing results! I've gotten my names picked out though. Cupid if it's a male or Lovey if it's a female. I've gotta get some pics of my little pet family to show y'all.

Congrats

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.