Flea Problem - Severe, please help!

Flea Problem - Severe, please help!

Hello, first post, turning to a forum because we've run out of options.

A few years back, we got a roommate who had a pitbull. Sweetest dog ever. However, it was an in-and-out dog to do his business, obviously. Meaning he brought fleas into the house, and they've been tearing our five cats up since, even after they left with their dog.

We've tried everything to get rid of them:

• Removed ALL carpet in the house. It previous only had ONE room that did not have carpet (the bathroom)
    • Flea Shampoo (a few different brands)
    • Flea Spray (PetCor primarily, but a couple other brands)
    • One-Kill Pill, the pill that vets give that kills all fleas
    • Flea Collars (several brands)
    • Expensive pest service which covered flea treatment, indoor and out in the yard
    • Flea Powder (Seven Dust) on all upholstery and carpets prior to removing them
    • Frontline, Advantage, and a couple of other brands of flea drops, for several months each
    • Vinegar in drinking water (wive's tale/home remedy thing we found online)

All of this was done for ALL FIVE CATS. None of them were exempt.
    But these little bastards will not go away.

This problem isn't affecting just the cats, it's affecting us too. We're getting flea bites on our feet and legs, as well as any guests we have over.

PLEASE HELP. v.v

• Apple cider vinegar can be used as a natural flea repellent
    • While it doesn’t kill fleas, it may repel them because fleas dislike its smell and taste
    • Make a solution out of equal parts apple cider vinegar and water; add the mixture to a spray bottle and spritz it on your pet before he heads outdoors
    • To “supercharge” this spray and make it even more distasteful to fleas, add in a few drops of essential oil such as geranium, lemongrass, lavender, neem or catnip oil

you can also try a seresto collar.

You need to deflea your house then try the vinegar and water solution and the soresto collar for added protection

also you can get flea collars and cut them up and put them in your vacuum cleaner, this will vacuum up the fleas and they will die in the vacuum,

once you kill the fleas go to "all natural pet" and get a tick disk, this is a disk that goes on the collar, it won't kill any fleas on the animal but will keep others from getting on them.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Have you try PUPPERMINT SHAMPOO? It will kill those critters in a heartbeat. It is the peppermint they use in it. fleas cannot tolerate Peppermint. You can order it on line It is PUPPERMINT Shampoo for dogs. I was a groomer and I have used that for all the dogs that came in with fleas .... you shampoo and let it soak through good and leave it on a few minutes (10 at least) but as you shampoo you will see them drop off and you pick them out as you shampoo by the time you ten minutes is up your dog will be flea free. You can shampoo twice . But then you must wash everything . You may use it on cats too I can't remember. But look it up. Good Luck!

Johnson's baby shampoo will kill them also
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

I feel for you as several years ago I was unfortunately in the same boat. The thing that worked for me was this product: food grade diatomaceous earth. It's a white powder substance that kills fleas. It's completely safe around you and your pets. You can put this safely inside and outside of your home. Just make sure it is "food grade".

WELCOME! I understand what you're saying about these fleas that just won't die. Last year I had a major flea problem and it took several treatments. I used Advantage for the cats/kittens and the Virbac spray for the home treatment. It was such a pain...I had to do laundry, vacuum, wash floors, etc. constantly and it's exhausting. Plus I worried about the side effects of all this treatment. I hope you can get rid of them.
    “Save a life and save a stray”

We had a flea problem and used a fogger and Wondercide Natural Flea, Tick & Mosquito Control Spray for Pets and Home

you can use a fogger around your house and spray your pets with it, it also works on people. It got rid of all the flea's and if you have any rugs you can put in salt, leave it for a few days and then vacuum it up.
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.