Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

What are you listening to?

While I sort out my room I'm putting on the B-side to Kate Bush's 'The Hounds of Love'. This is a suite of several connected songs called 'The Ninth Wave', it's about a woman lost at sea and fighting to survive. The first song is about her fighting off the urge to sleep for fear of drowning "let me be weak, let me sleep and dream of sheep". She's hopeful that the light on her life-vest will be bright enough to capture the attention of rescuers but it's getting late. The next song is about her battle with the cold, then the next three are her visiting the past, present and future (witch trials - she is being trialed by water, then visiting her beloved who doesn't know of her fate in the present, and finally her future self - an old woman telling her she has to fight). The penultimate song is her having an outer-body experience and then finally the conclusion - she survives till morning and is rescued at last and loves life and those around her all the more for the experience.

Feel free to visit my website for information on Reptilian Care
    https://reptile-savvy.weebly.com/

A pretty cover. Nice calm pacing and well played.

Hanging by a Moment

Beautiful Day

Sunrise

Good Night

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    Sunrise
    Particularly with that background set, Norah Jones looks a bit like Judy Garland (in Munchkinland).

Some Velvet Morning

I like it. Nice.

I've been listing to a lot of Kate Bush, she's my favourite signer! This was her debut song "Wuthering Hights", she was 18 when she wrote it, some of the songs from the same album (The Kick Inside) she wrote when she was just 13. She wrote this in the space of a few hours late at night. She'd play piano as she wrote her music. This woman is a musical genius!

Another from Kate, this video features Tim McInnerny, a comedian. Kate has involvements with various comedians throughout her work (even starring in an episode in The Comic Strip Presents... as well as writing a song for another episode).

She re-sang this next song (the original she sang in the 80's). Her son provides the voice of the computer. She often features family in her music. Two comedians are featured in this video, Robbie Coltrane (who was part of The Comic Strip) and Noel Fielding.

Feel free to visit my website for information on Reptilian Care
    https://reptile-savvy.weebly.com/

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.