Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

What are you listening to?

Your Wildest Dreams

In dark times sometimes it is good to ask the ghosts for aid.

I'm mostly into rock, soul, blues and reggae Dog Force, but wondered if you ever heard this group. This by Cusco is often played on the radio show I sometimes listen to, Coast to Coast am.

^ Ha ha! Wow, what an embarrassing bastardization of Andean music. :- D They should use that for some sort of punishment. :- D

Here's one closer to the real thing. Years ago I bought the Volume 1 of this album after hearing South American music players in the streets and subway stations of New York. Very listenable background music. This must have been a follow-up album. It seems odd that some would feel compelled to supe-up the sound for wider consumption. The whole thing about Andean music is its unique combination of serenity and vitality, calming yet invigorating, and it seems widely appealing in its natural form. Oh well, there was also that other album where somewhat made Bach sound like disco music. :- D Just say no to genetically modified franken-music.

https://www.amazon.com/Andean-Legacy...=andean+legacy

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Force One View Post
    ^ Ha ha! Wow, what an embarrassing bastardization of Andean music. :- D They should use that for some sort of punishment. :- D

Here's one closer to the real thing. Years ago I bought the Volume 1 of this album after hearing South American music players in the streets and subway stations of New York. Very listenable background music. This must have been a follow-up album. It seems odd that some would feel compelled to supe-up the sound for wider consumption. The whole thing about Andean music is its unique combination of serenity and vitality, calming yet invigorating, and it seems widely appealing in its natural form. Oh well, there was also that other album where somewhat made Bach sound like disco music. :- D Just say no to genetically modified franken-music.
    Funny your saying they should use that for punishment....and the franken-music comment, I'm not a fan of GMOs! Been many years since I rode the subway and barely remember anyone there playing music, maybe a lone guy with a guitar. That video you posted is very pleasant music.

A perfect recording of this terrific song.

Soul Meets Body

Runaway Train

Dog Force, it said that video wasn't available so I couldn't view it. Here it is again.

Kiss from a Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    it said that video wasn't available so I couldn't view it. Here it is again.
    Oh, thank you Alpha! Maybe it was some regional licensing snag or something. I get that a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    Kiss from a Rose
    Hey, that's a good one that I had forgotten. Fun to rediscover stuff!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.