Dog Adopts Baby Chimp

Cool Dog Adopts Baby Chimp

Dog adopts baby chimp

After a mother chimpanzee who lived in a zoo died, one of the zoo’s
    employees took the baby chimp home to care for it. It never crossed his
    mind that his dog, who had recently given birth, would adopt the chimp and
    raise it with her pups. Judging by the look on her face at times, she is
    not quite sure why this particular offspring has hands to grab her with.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanual Kant~

LMAO! That is so cute. But, is that legal where you are? Will she have to release it into the wild, or give to a zoo at a certain age? It surely can;t have a mother dog all its life!

Quote Originally Posted by Rottiwild View Post
    LMAO! That is so cute. But, is that legal where you are? Will she have to release it into the wild, or give to a zoo at a certain age? It surely can;t have a mother dog all its life!
    I got that online, the link is at the top of the post...guess it's legal, but I'm against having chimps as pets, and against zoos for that matter...too much animal abuse. In a perfect world, that little chimp will be released into a natural wildlife preserve where it can roam free and normally with other chimps.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanual Kant~

Aww they are such beautiful pictures, the loving and contented look on that little chimps face says it all.Thanks for sharing Alpha1

I seriously love that story. That baby chimp is soooooo cute!

That's the cutest thing ever. I'm sure that if it's a zoo employee who's caring for the chimp, when it gets big enough it'll probably either return to the zoo or go to a reserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    I got that online, the link is at the top of the post...guess it's legal, but I'm against having chimps as pets, and against zoos for that matter...too much animal abuse. In a perfect world, that little chimp will be released into a natural wildlife preserve where it can roam free and normally with other chimps.
    Maybe they might be doing that... hopefully. Have you read about the white lion born from a brown-yellow mother in China? Did you know they also looked for a mother dog to care for it because they felt that the mother lion might kill the cub?

Dogs are amazing mothers. Take for instance the Kenyan baby girl who was found beside the mother dog who was lying protectively around it. The baby was among this dog's litter.
    I love my dogs to the power of infinity and my dogs love me.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.