Help...wits end with peeing cats

Help...wits end with peeing cats

I have two cats that came from the same litter and they are 3 years old. When they were kittens I would notice if I left a plastic bag out or something one of them would pee on it. As they got older they would use the litter box and i didnt notice the peeing anymore. Then i noticed one was peeing still on plastic bags..totes and purses and the other one was peeing in cracks..like where the walls meet or on the concrete in the basement. The vet had recommended more litter boxes and spread them out plus put food dishes down as they won't pee where they eat. We have since moved and one of them is now peeing on furniture...specifically the mattress with memory foam and our new chair that has a memory foam pad.

Has anyone else had this problem with cats that they can't get them to stop peeing?? I don't want to get rid of them..my son would be devastated but I can't buy new furniture and have them peeing on it!!! Is it because they were born feral cats?

First thing I will ask you is are these cats neutered? If so have they been checked for a UTI, if the cat has a UTI it will look for soft places to pee because it burns. If there is no UTI then its behavioral. How long have you been in your new house, it could be stress from the move.

If its behavioral it will be a very hard habit to break if its at all possible. Once a cat turns dirty its almost impossible to reverse the behavior. Without knowing more about the cats all I can suggest is put double sided tape on things they like to pee on. They will not like the feel of it on their feet and stay away from it, leave it on for a while then take it off and see if they go back to it. Make sure you clean the spot where they pee so there is no trace of the smell so they won't be tempted to pee there again. If they are peeing on the floor or carpets place a litter box on the spot where they pee, once they get used to using the box you can move it, just be sure to show them where it is.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

I found this for you, it may give you some ideas

http://pets.webmd.com/cats/guide/sol...box-problems#1
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Last year I took in 4 kittens who were feral and they used the litter box right away. Have your cats had vet check-ups? One or more may have a urinary tract infection which can be treated by an antibiotic. It’s a good thing that you have multiple litter boxes but you also have to clean them on a regular basis. This could help.
    Also, I can relate to your problem because every once in a while my Daisy will pee outside the litter box and many areas of our carpeting are beyond help. Our vet can’t find any wrong with her physically so this is a behavior problem. I believe that prior to us adopting her she was mistreated and that’s why she has issues. She’s been on a special dry urinary cat food at the shelter and since we adopted her and that’s supposed to help her. What do you feed your cats? But getting back to Daisy…we love her no matter what and it’s not her fault that she has accidents. When your cats do urinate outside the litterbox please don’t yell at them or punish them. They do not understand that this is wrong.
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.