Is Hills the only company that makes c/d cat food ???

Is Hills the only company that makes c/d cat food ???

Is Hills the only company that makes C/D food ??

I am new to the pet scene but i dont think its right that there are only 2 flavours of C/D flavoured wet food (Chicken and Fish) which i feel like i am torturing my cat by forcing her to eat the same stuff everyday

I did just find out about a hour ago that Hills does have two other flavours but these cans are half the size of the original one and cost twice as much (about $4.50 each) !!

Any info on any other companies that are not gouging customers would be great Thanks

Is there a reason your cat has to eat c/d food?
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

What is C/D food?

its made for cats and dogs that have a problem with urinary crystals
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Do you know what the letters C and D stand for Linda?

The acronyms for Hill’s Prescription Diet foods are not difficult to figure out. The “d” always stands for diet. It was easy in the old days, before there were so many different Prescription Diets. c/d was “crystal diet,” k/d was “kidney diet,” and h/d was “heart diet.” If memory serves me correctly, when I graduated in 1980, that’s all the diets there were.

http://www.mypetsdoctor.com/hills-prescription-diets-alphabet-soup

I had to look up what c/d meant also. If this food keeps your cat from getting crystals than that's just the way it goes. My only recommendation is to mix some water and about 1 tsp. of some good brand of canned cat food to the Hill's to change the flavor but you can't overdo it and then negate the effects of the special diet.
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Thanks Linda, all I remember about Hills food is the vets push it and it's low quality ingredients. I've been forced to buy a couple of cans from the vet over the years, but I would look elsewhere if I needed a specialty food.

Also, do you purchase this food from your vet or online? I get Jake's Royal Canin Urinary S/O canned food from my vet since it's cheaper than online. It's pricey at $40 for a case of 24 cans but it's worked for his FLUTD (feline lower urinary tract disease) that he's had for years so I'm not going to mess with it.

How are you doing Esme?

Thanks for asking my friend and everything is okay right now as long as my cats are healthy. This Saturday will be 1 month since Roscoe passed and I still can't believe he's gone. We have picture frames on the wall going upstairs and I look at them everyday and miss all my cats who are gone. But my other babies keep me busy.

It is hard when you see the pictures every day. I still look at my babies pictures every day too. It takes so much time.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.