Play with your dog

Play with your dog

Hello everyone! I was wondering, what games you play with your dog inside the house? I know games like hide and seek for a treat and ball games. What more do you like to play?

Although I don't have dogs my cats love to chase small balls around the house. They will run after them, bat them around and have a blast!
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Hog-The-Bed

He has a couple of soft squeaky balls that are spikey, and if we're on the couch or in bed watching TV, we'll throw his ball down the hallway for him to fetch, he loves to play with his balls. We have a back yard though, so every day I try and find time to sit on a folding chair and throw the ball for him out there. Like Dog Force One, we also play Hog-The-Bed.

Ohh cool! So as I can understand you mostly play outside right? And in the house most of the times you relax?

Well, I relax in the house but he always brings his bally to one of us wanting us to throw it for him. He would do that all day if he could, but when he starts panting we stop and make him take a break. He takes a long walk everyday off the leash at the dog park, so he gets to be out in nature and run a little with other dogs too.

Mostly I play fetch with my dog, I throw her toy, she runs after it and refuses to give it back, lol.

I very good stimulating game playing hide and seek with yourself! Run to a part of the house hide and cal your pets name, they will run around the house looking for you until they have to resort to their primal instincts and start to sniff you out. Once they find you, give a very big and good praise.

"be the parent your pet thinks you are"
    amazon ebook written by the dog father joshua

the hide and seek game is more an outside thing. Hide and when they can't find you they get frantic and when they do find you they don't let you out of their site, great training to teach a dog to stay with you when off leash
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi0130 View Post
    I very good stimulating game playing hide and seek with yourself! Run to a part of the house hide and cal your pets name, they will run around the house looking for you until they have to resort to their primal instincts and start to sniff you out. Once they find you, give a very big and good praise.
    I use to play that with my previous dog, she wouldn't give up until she found me and she'd get real excited. The dog I have now doesn't seem to care for it much, she will look for me but when she finds me it's like no big deal.

Pepper loves when we squeak her toy and throw it, she chases it and brings it back! So adorable!

Phoenix and I play "fierce" I say be fierce, she shows teeth and growls and goes to get her rope to play tug. Outside she enjoys her daily run in the woods where she finds sticks for me to throw for her
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Hide and seek is definitely a favorite in our home but we also spend time trying to understand our dogs by being extremely attentive to what they are wanting to do. For example, some dogs tend look at you and then at the object/thing they want. Other dogs will walk in the direction of what they want... It's fascinating to observe and fun too.

Here are six ideas for active games you can play that will tire out your dog, engaging him (and you!) physically and mentally so that being inside is every bit as fun as being outside.

1. Scent work with hidden treats

2. Hide and go seek

3. Under, over and through

4. Stairway dash

5. Tag You're It

7. Obstacle course

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.