What are you eating?

What are you eating?

Lunch at work, brought from home. Homemade magic beans (3 parts black turtle beans, 1 part red kidney beans, mature ginger root, onion, olive oil, tomato paste, vinegar, salt, pepper), homemade live sauerkraut (fermented with dill weed), carrot slices, just ok bread (very limited quality locally). Also lowfat milk, coffee, and a square of dark chocolate.
    Last edited by Dog Force One; 05-23-2017 at 03:49 AM.

Looks like a good and healthy meal Dog Force. Last night we had oven broiled boneless/skinless chicken breasts on a whole wheat bun with mayo and onion. Night before was oven grilled salmon fillet with gold potatoes sliced, seasoned and sauteed in olive oil. Haven't eaten anything yet today, not sure what's for supper.

Tonight we had whole wheat spaghetti and 'homemade' red sauce.

^ M-m-m, spaghetti.

Chicken, carrots, green bell pepper, snap peas, bok choy, napa cabbage, and onion stir fried in olive oil with a sweet and sour sauce of oyster sauce, tomato juice, apricot preserves, vinegar, maggi, italian seasoning and black pepper.
    Last edited by Dog Force One; 06-09-2017 at 11:26 PM.

That looks very tasty and healthy. Between you and Alpha1 you set a good example of eating foods that are good for your heart.
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Pearled barley. I've been cooking up half white rice / half pearled barley at dinner, and it's a nice combo. Pearled barley can cook in the same amount of time/water as rice (I add just a tiny amount of extra water), so I mix them together half and half, rinse them, and put them in the rice cooker just like regular rice. The barley is firmer and chewier than the rice, with its own nutty flavor. Brown rice makes me feel drained so I've never caught onto it, but barley does not. And though a lot of the outside of the barley grain has been removed during pearling, it still has more fiber than even brown rice. But the hearty flavor and rustic texture are enough to like.

I accidently bought wheat spaghetti one time, tasted like hay. That stuff was vile, never bought it again. I make homemade spaghetti sauce, sometimes a meat sauce and other times with meatballs.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Two thumbs down for whole wheat pasta then- I didn't like it either! :- D

Homemade shrimp salad sandwich on french bread.

I made a big pot of chille, Alex and I had that with Italian bread, my nephew came over this afternoon and brought me a dozen of fresh duck eggs. I love duck eggs.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

A new version of homemade sauerkraut, fermenting 1,500g of cabbage and 50g of grated beet root (plus fresh dill). The beet root turns the jar bright red, makes the cabbage pink, and brings an additional flavor to the mix, a little like hibiscus tea.

Looks great and sounds very healthy DF, kudos!

anyone want my potato soup recipe? If you've ever had it at the longhorn restaurant its the same recipe they use

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.