Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Has your dog reacted badly to 'Cytopoint' injection (new anti-itch shot)

yes she had a shot on Saturday and by sunday she was oozing so much yeast it was awful. It is now Thursday and sill oozing and shaking uncontrollably. What can I do? Genie

Hi Christine — I’m new to this forum; was looking for info on recurrent hives and saw your post. I hope your dog is doing better. I’m glad I read this discussion; I havent asked about this drug yet but so far nothing is working... but I’m glad to know I should avoid cytopoint.
    Your post caught my eye because my dog Daisy is an Irish terrier/Great Dane mix... I was wondering if you knew (or anyone else knew) if Irish terriers we’re prone to allergies. My last dog was a Great Dane who had similar symptoms but we were able to keep the circular hairless patches and itching away by adding yogurt to her diet. Neither yogurt or making food from scratch has helped Daisy— and I’m worried she’s not responding to anything except steroid injections, which we can’t continue forever...
    thanks —and I hope your dog feels better... monica

Did you ever think of using collodial silver? Get a bottle and mix some with water and put it in a spray bottle and spray her with it. Silver is a natural anti biotic and will kill all forms of yeast and bacteria including the good bacteria in her gut so you must give her a probiotic if you use the silver.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

I am sorry for your loss. We are living it right now and I understand and feel your pain. I had a beautiful 3 year old puppy and after 2 1/2 weeks after this shot was administered, he literally dropped dead.

Coincidence? maybe ..maybe not. my dog got her first Cytopoint shot a week ago. She was always a big eater and loved her water bowl. that night, she was extremely lethargic. she started having problems swallowing by morning. stopped eating. water by syringe. went to vet... a few days later, Kidney shutting down. she stopped accepting water, vomiting mucus...had appointment for IV's the next day.... never made it. she died. no evidence to prove anything except... these tragic events... no one can Say..what it was for sure. Timing, most odd. don't you think?

Very sorry to hear that Missy, my sympathy for your loss.

Missy I am very sorry to hear that and I would question the turn of events too.

Cytopoint safety issue

I have a 2 year old bullmastiff tree hound mix she weighs approximately 100 lb she had the she was always on the 25 mg of a Benadryl type medication but it got to the point where she was having to take 8 a day so I went to another vet talk to him. He suggested about the starting point I wasn't sure what else to do because of the rashes Etc I didn't want to see her go through that anymore so I tried the cytopoint. I'm disabled and I live alone in this dog is the world to me just like a child to me. I gave her the injection and ever since I did it's been terrible she won't eat won't drink she just lays around now she's having some blood from her rectum. I wish to the Lord I can go back that day and not give her that injection cuz ever since all I do is sit here and stare at her to make sure she's still breathing it's the worst mistake I could have ever made.

I'm so sorry to hear all of these stories. This drug needs to be taken off the market asap.

Yes it does I thought I was helping my dog instead I pretty much basically almost killed her

is there anyway to reverse the shot or get it out of their system faster, my vat gave it as she has had luck with it.. now my dog is in pain...

this is going to be like that six month heartworm pill they said was so wonderful, then dogs started dying, it was hundreds of dogs died before it was pulled off the market. People have to stop taking what the vet tells you as gospel, if its new say NO, not until thousands of animals have been tested with less than 1% showing a reaction. People believe their vets, thinking they have the best interest of the dog as priority but that isn't always so. Do research before you agree to anything.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Welcome laqu! I don't believe there is a reversal for Cytopoint and I'm sorry to hear that your dog is in pain due to the shot. It may be a good idea to contact the company that makes this injection and here is their information:
    Zoetis Global Headquarters
    10 Sylvan Way
    Parsippany, NJ 07054
    Tel: +1 973.822.7000
    Reporting an Adverse Event
    To report a possible adverse event associated with a Zoetis product, including human exposure, contact the Veterinary Medical Information Support Team in your country using the drop down menu (from their website) In the U.S., call 1-888-Zoetis1 (1-888-963-8471)
    Source:
    https://www.zoetis.com/contact-us.aspx
    Last edited by Esme; 04-15-2018 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by laqu View Post
    is there anyway to reverse the shot or get it out of their system faster, my vat gave it as she has had luck with it.. now my dog is in pain...
    Not that I am aware of. I paced and cried everyday until the shot wore off.

OMG Missy, That's exactly what my baby did .IM so sorry for your lost. It doesn't seem right, my vet DID NOT tell me about any of this. With my baby girl of 2 years old, I was so happy she wouldn't be digging herself raw anymore. Instead she laid on the floor not eating or drinking or moving and I sat there crying every single day until that damn shot wear off.
    Last edited by Melaniem99; 04-18-2018 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Forgot to add person's name whom I was addressing

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.