Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Has your dog reacted badly to 'Cytopoint' injection (new anti-itch shot)

Oh gosh missy, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Hi KOCOnnor109, I was wondering how things turned out with your baby?? Did he make it?

I'm so sorry for your loss Lukie's mom. I'm just curious, did you have a necropsie done of your baby?

BeccaG, I'm so sorry for your loss. It's insane that these dr's tell you that there is no side effects and the drugs are safe and they have more money than God to protect themselves from lawsuits, etc. Meanwhile, dogs go on suffering.

DO NOT GIVE YOUR DOG CYTOPOINT

My little dog Idggy was given a Cytopoint injection for itchy skin on the 24th July 2018...she died 24 hours later. After leaving the Vet's office she began to act weirdly and seemed disoriented...she wet herself on the way back from the Vet in the car...something she has never done before....within a couple of hours her neck became very stiff and she found it hard to sit up...she was very restless and seemed to be very uncomfortable and disoriented...her condition became worse and she started frothing at the mouth and her eyes started rolling back in her head...she did not want to eat anything and continued to deteriorate being unable to stand up.

When it became apparent she was in a lot of pain she was taken to a different vet at 7am in the morning for the sake of expediency as the original Vet's office did not open until 9 am. The second Vet were unable to do anything for her and as she was continually yelping and crying they could only give her something for her pain. She stopped breathing soon after this. She was such a good dog and so sweet and did not deserve to die like this. When I suggested to the first Vet it was probably the injection that caused her to die they said no empathically and repeatedly said they had no idea what went wrong.

It is my intention to pursue this with the drug manufacturers and in the meantime DO NOT GIVE YOUR DOG CYTOPOINT

Martina, I’m so very sorry for your loss of Idggy. Praying you find comfort. I do have to ask, did you have an autopsy done? I ask because that was one of the arguments that I had with a friend that is a vet. I was told that without that it’s next to impossible to prove the cause of death ( we as dog parents know ��). It’s just hard to fight big pharma without proof. I’m truly heartbroken for you and wish you healing. ❤️

Quote Originally Posted by martina penny View Post
    When I suggested to the first Vet it was probably the injection that caused her to die they said no emphatically and repeatedly said they had no idea what went wrong.
    Infuriating. Fear of liability quickly extinguishes any sense of decency, logic is thrown out the window, and the stonewalling apparatus goes into high gear. What a worm.

Quote Originally Posted by Puglover View Post
    Martina, Iím so very sorry for your loss of Idggy. Praying you find comfort. I do have to ask, did you have an autopsy done? I ask because that was one of the arguments that I had with a friend that is a vet. I was told that without that itís next to impossible to prove the cause of death ( we as dog parents know ��). Itís just hard to fight big pharma without proof. Iím truly heartbroken for you and wish you healing. ❤️

Thank you so much for your support and sympathy. It means a lot. Idggy did not have an autopsy done unfortunately but she did have some blood work done before she died with the first Vet. Your suggestion therefore may be helpful indeed when I follow up on this and have her blood tested.

Hello, our dog Sandy, a 7 year old Pit/Lab was on apoquel for about 2 years and we still had to use a supplemental antihistamine in peak seasons. The $120 per month for pills and the daily routine of administering them was a negative. So when the vet introduced us to CYTOPOINT, we quickly made an appt.

Days before a friend lost a dog just 3 days after getting CYTOPOINT. Our vet was familiar with the girl (not his patient), and said the breed was not really able to accept any sort of drugs. We stayed on schedule. April of 2017 and may of 2017 she had the shots. Seemed to work great, no itching or biting. And no shot again until September 2017. Then no shot again until March of 2018.

In June of 2018 we noticed she was urinating of couch and beds over and over. After monitoring her outside she was squatting but just a short stream them it stopped, walk a few feet then squat and nothing. But randomly in the house she would pee! Had an ultrasound done and found a mass in bladder. Cranadin, uti check and antibiotic all administered. Still the same. Last referral from vet was go to Cornell for Cat Scan. Have not done that yet because its Buco Bucks! I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar story. Could it be CYTOPOINT? Thank you in advance.

Hi what happened after your visit to the vets? I'm seeing same issues? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joflatcoat View Post
    Our vet gave our 3 year old flatcoated retiever Cytopoint last Thursday - it's now 4 days later, and she hasn't stopped the most awful diarrhoea. Wish I had found this forum first , as the vet said there were no contraindications.
    Hi mine has the same diarrhoea .. How long did it take to pass? Did you treat with anything? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchieRalph View Post
    Hi what happened after your visit to the vets? I'm seeing same issues? Thanks
    Right now we are just dealing with her randomly peeing, have recently went to diapers. We also scheduled another ultrasound. I will let you onowbthe results. Thanks

Hi There, i know your post was a hill ago but im hoping you are still on the forum.

My dog has been on cytopoint for 3 months. She has had severe skin issues for many years and was on Aquapel but she was very uncomfortable and had to wear a suit everyday. So, rather reluctantly, I eventually agreed to give this drug a chance. It has worked in terms of itchiness. However, for a few months now, Brodget wakes at night with rapid panting, it only happens at night. She also just doesn't seem herself.

I took her to the vets today for heart scan as I was concerned that this could be the issue. Th heart was fine but all her lymph nodes are enlarged and she is very anaemic. They have taken further bloods and a lymph aspiration.

What were the issues with your dog - were they similar? I dont want to jump to conclusions but it seems coincidental.

Your opinion would be very appreciated.

Pamela C Taylor;60403

My pittie mix is 4 1/2 yrs old & had her 2nd cytopoint injection almost a month ago. She also has been panting more, breathing heavier, is very low energy & just doesnít seem
    to be the same as before the injections. I found this forum while trying to see if anyone else had an odd
    experience with their dogs & cytopoint. I truly feel these injections have changed my dog. She was on apoquel for almost a yr, but it didnít seem to be helping anymore. Our vet then said she could try cytopoint & we let our poor baby get 2 of these shots. I truly feel these shots have done something to her. Iím a nurse & feel guilty that I didnít do my research on this med & just took our vets advice. I hope after this 2nd shot gets out of her system she starts getting back to her energetic self.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.