i got a cat, hope to purchase toys

Smile i got a cat, hope to purchase toys

i got a cat, hope to purchase toys for her

What are the top 3 cat toys products you have purchased for your cat that you would recommend to others? What makes them great?

Every cat is different when it comes to toys...that's what I found with mine. Some like the balls that jingle to bat around and some don't like the noise. A stick with string attached always is a hit with my crew and then it's more interactive. Most of the time they like a simple box to jump in and out of. How is the cat you adopted? Do you have a name for her yet?
    “Save a life and save a stray”

hi

she is 8 month old and i named her Morphy. thanks for your suggesting i will try

That's a nice age and a cute name. When I go grocery shopping at the local Aldi store I'll bring home a box (I can carry some of my groceries in the box) and at least 1 or 2 cats just dive right in and sit in the box to claim it as their own. Sometimes they take turns and have fun. Of course the kittens (Toby, Gidget, Priss and Lily--who are really a little over 1 yr. old now) start chewing or scratching the box and then I place the box in the recycle bin outside. But at least they have a good time
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Esme is right. The only way to know what your cat likes is trial and error. Some cats like crinkle toys; others would be scared of the noise. (Use a paper bag to test this one.) I am not a fan of jingle bells because the cat can swallow them unless they are inside plastic balls. If your cat likes string on stick toys, don't just make one - buy Da Bird, which is made of flexible plastic and has a part that makes the real feathers flutter.

My cat loves catnip. Not all cats react to it, but you can't go wrong.
    Rescued is my favorite breed. Don't shop, adopt!

my bengal likes anything that moves and boxes and bags, the siamese is more into catnip and bags and boxes. The bengal isn't affected by the catnip but the siamese goes nuts, rolls around, bats at imaginary things and they play with each other, hide behind something then pounce out at each other or me.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Daisy can't get enough catnip the day I give her a new toy, but once she starts playing with it, she seems to not care about the catnip part.

walmart sells bags of catnip, and also a catnip spray. I once got some catnip bubbles but neither cat showed much interest in that
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    walmart sells bags of catnip, and also a catnip spray. I once got some catnip bubbles but neither cat showed much interest in that
    According to Amazon customers, it is important to avoid getting catnip with stems because cats can choke on them. Finely ground catnip you almost can mistake for litter is the best.

When I saw catnip spray at Petsmart I wished I had known about it in January, when it seemed like everything scared Daisy except four furry mice and my shoes.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.