Please delete thread

Please delete thread

Moderator please delete this thread. I wasn't able to find the option.
    Last edited by Bri18; 06-19-2017 at 08:03 PM.

Cats need more than food and a place to live. I'm sure he can feel that you don't love him, just take care of his basic needs but don't really want him. It would be like you moving in with someone that doesn't really want you there but tolerates you being there. Find a good home for him and let him get the love he deserves. Don't give him to just anyone and don't put a free ad on craigslist. Bad things happen to free animals. You may not love him but you still have his best interest at heart. If you can't find someone that you know really wants him and loves him and will give him the home and love he deserves then bring him to a shelter. At least a shelter will screen prospective adopters and find the right home for him
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Hi linda2147, thank you for your response. I will look for a good home for him, even though my mind is not made up yet. I don't want to leave him at a shelter. A month ago I left him at the vets overnight for a UTI and poor thing was so scared the vet got really concerned. Being in a shelter is traumatic and the poor guy doesn't need anymore of that. At home, he knows he's safe. Thanks again for your thoughts.
    -B

I agree with Linda. Give the cat a chance to have a good loving forever home with someone who really wants him and connects with him, he deserves that after all he's been through. Either take him to a NO-KILL shelter where he can stay until he's adopted into a good home, or find someone locally who checks out to be responsible and really wants him. Like already said, please don't give him to just anyone for free, they may abuse him or do much worse. Comparing to being left at the vets overnight is not realistic, most pets are scared to death in that situation. Do what's best for the cat, you won't regret it. What state do you live in, are there NO-KILL shelters for cats nearby?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.