Adding chili power to birdseeds will keep squirrels from eating seeds they hate it

Adding chili power to birdseeds will keep squirrels from eating seeds they hate it

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...li-powder.html

I would never use this because we put out seed and whatever wanders in our backyard can help themselves. Our cats enjoy watching the wildlife out the windows. Except a bear came into the yard the other day and scared Daisy and Priss. Otherwise it's live TV for them and us
    “Save a life and save a stray”

The squirrels and chipmunks in my yard will keep the birds from getting any food , they will sit on the birdfeeder stuffing their faces and eating most of the seeds . My neighbor won't refill her feeder for a few days b/c the seeds are being eating too fast . Some people can't afford to keep buying birdseeds all the time.

I know what you're saying Nightowl. Luckily I have a neighbor who gets me seed very cheap.
    “Save a life and save a stray”

I had problems of squirrels raiding the birdfeeder too and have come across the chili powderr solution but I solved the problem by hanging the birdfeeder from the clothesline. The squirrels can't get to it now but to tell you the truth it was much more fun watching the squirrels come up with ways to get at the seeds, lol

I can't imagine birds liking hot chili powder. They're expensive, but squirrel proof feeders are available.

I had a friend that had a parrot and the parrot kept biting her finger , the woman wanted to get even with her bird and put hot chili powder on her finger . She was in for a very painful surprise ! Her bird like hot chili powder ! I would had told the woman this if I had know what she was going to do b/c I had just read a story about a parrot who loved hot chili powder.

I had a friend that had a parrot and the parrot kept biting her finger , the woman wanted to get even with her bird and put hot chili powder on her finger . She was in for a very painful surprise ! Her bird like hot chili powder ! I would had told the woman this if I had know what she was going to do b/c I had just read a story about a parrot who loved hot chili powder.

http://www.birdwatchersgeneralstore....lsPepper09.htm

LOL! I just found this web site and it said squirrels can get use the hot chili power ,

This is not something I would personally do, to each their own I suppose.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.