Seresto-horrible

Seresto-horrible

Just want to introduce myself and to warn others about the Seresto collar. My vet suggested me to purchase a Seresto collar due to constantly finding ticks on my German Shepard. I read the web page of the manufacturer, Bayer, and it sounded okay, so I made the horrible mistake in purchasing one. First off, let me explain, my dog has reoccuring colitis, which my vet has seen him for, so she is well aware of his medical conditions. Now, after my dog has warn this collar, his bowels started getting loose again. Nothing really new to us, so we started monitoring his activities and such. Well after wearing the collar for just over a week, my dog is no longer eating, and has to go outside about every hour, and is throwing up. That collar has been removed, and after searching more on the web, I am reading where pets are having diarrhea, throwing up and not eating and also having seizures, and some dying. I am so upset, my dog has not eaten for three days now, and the collar was removed three days ago. He is miserable. I am calling the vet in the morning and reporting everything.

Oh gosh, that is a nightmare. Thanks much for passing your experience along here to warn other people. You know, I think another member also posted here about a similarly terrible reaction to the same collar. These shameless chemical companies do not really give a dam about our pets' safety or well being. It's all about make as much money as fast as possible. Innocent animals and their caregivers pay the price for that greed.
    Last edited by Dog Force One; 07-01-2017 at 08:25 AM.

If he has constant diarreah he could be dehydrated. Try to get him to drink and try to get him to drink pedialite to put the electrolites back in his body. He may need to be given fluids to get him back on track. If he doesn't feel well he won't want to eat, try tempting him with baby food. Colitis is a nasty thing to deal with and german shepherds and boxers are prone to it. Also you might try getting some fiber in him. If he's not getting enough fiber his stools will be loose, 2 metamusal cookies a day will help with the fiber issue, most dogs love cinnamon so get the cinnamon cookies.

The fleas and ticks are attracted more to unhealthy animals, you can go to "only natural pet" they sell a disk that goes on the collar and keeps the fleas and ticks away, it works with the dog's own energy and they work for most dogs. First you have to get all the fleas and ticks off him as it will not kill any existing fleas but it will keep new ones from getting on him. The disk is like $80 but its good for two years. I have used it for several years and never found a flea or tick on her. And if it doesn't work for you its money back guarantee.

I like the idea of this because its no chemicals and with a dog with colitis you need to be careful what you use. I"m sure you know that anyway.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    The fleas and ticks are attracted more to unhealthy animals
    Oh my, it seems the majority of members here and pet caregivers everywhere have just been insulted.

why is that dog force? A dog with colitis is not healthy. Colitis in dogs is very serious.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

You're right, Linda. I'm just saying all dogs and cats are susceptible to fleas and ticks, and having to control for fleas and ticks is not a sign that the pet is unhealthy or their care poor. I don't think that's what you meant to say. It just came out funny. Hee hee.

Laura I'm so sorry to hear that about your dog and I hope things can turn around once all the toxin leaves his system. How is he doing? I would give him some unflavored Pedialyte to help re-hydrate him. I used to buy the generic version at Walmart and that helped my Roscoe. Here's a website with some information that may help:
    https://www.petcarerx.com/article/wh...el-better/1380
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.