Happy Independence Day!

Happy Independence Day!

Hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th of July! Keep your pups and kittens inside and secure with all the noise going on.

Thanks!
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

Thank you and Happy 4th to everyone as well My cats and I are not fans of all the fireworks but it only lasts a short time thank goodness!
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Same to you Alpha. I have no special plans this year, usually my sister has a big cookout but with mom's passing no one really feels like having a party.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

We don't really "do" holidays since it's just the two of us, but this weekend my husband made some St. Louis ribs on the BBQ, and some oven roasted brussels sprouts. The neighbors have been blowing off fireworks for almost a week now, will probably last through next weekend. No really loud ones yet. Hans used to be stressed over fireworks (and thunder), he's stick to me like glue and pant heavily until they stopped. Luckily my pup now hasn't reacted, hopefully he'll be okay even with cracking thunder and loud explosions....we'll see.

My neighbor has been doing fireworks also but Phoenix isn't afraid of anything, she'll look up but thats all. Tomorrow there will be a big parade so I couldn't go anywhere even if I wanted to. Part of my road is shut down so makes it impossible to get to the highway, they will be working on it for another month plus starting wed. they will be shutting off the water for five hours a day and who knows for how long. Have to drive around the long way to even get to a store, so I have to drive more than ten miles to even go get milk and bread. Going to be a long month.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

No special plans here either. As always on a day off I did housework...it never ends though but it's got to be done. Linda we had a road closed near us recently and we had to go the long way around to get to town and it was such a hassle. When I went to the grocery store I really tried to stock up. Alpha those ribs & Brussel sprouts sound good to me! Hope you all enjoy the day
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Linda, glad Phoenix isn't bothered by the noise, you're lucky. Road closures and water shut-off....I agree, It will be a looong month.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.