3 dogs die in hot car outside Iowa dog show

3 dogs die in hot car outside Iowa dog show

Associated Press

July 11, 2017

OTTUMWA, Iowa — Police say three dogs have died after being left locked in a hot vehicle outside a dog show in Iowa.

Police say two were found dead Saturday outside the American Kennel Club All Breeds Dog Show at the Bridge View Center in Ottumwa. A third died at a veterinary clinic and a fourth lived. No arrests or citations have been reported.

The National Weather Service says the temperature in Ottumwa peaked at 89 degrees (32 Celsius) Saturday.

Ottumwa Police Chief Tom McAndrew says those responsible for the dogs that died are believed to have traveled from out of town.

http://qctimes.com/news/state-and-re...1d3c877ea.html

One would think people attending a dog show would be smart enough to protect their own dogs from a boiling car. :- (

You would think so Dog Force, but the ones that aren't stupid are just plain lazy! If I was traveling from state to state with my show dogs in the vehicle, you can bet I'd have some kind of an air conditioning unit rigged up for them, even if the ignition was off. No excuse, I have zero tolerance for these people. How about taking the dogs into the building with you?? What a concept! Not even a citation was given, now that's discouraging.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.