found deformed kitten in trash!! Help!!

found deformed kitten in trash!! Help!!

Update: the 8week old kittens both found loving homes before my dad found out. But today saw a man drive by and throw a garbage bag out of his car. Curious, I went up to it and opened it and found a kitten buried in the trash. She was covered in fleas and maggots so I took her home and cleaned her up. After she was bathed and dry, I noticed her head was slightly deformed and her legs didn't work properly. I think she is about 8-10 weeks old. She's a dusty grey tabby, and the sweetest thing. I need help caring for her because although she is mostly litter box trained, I think something is wrong with her back muscles as she can't really control when she poops I kinda just leaks out. But her bladder is fine. And one more thing- I need name ideas for her!

Have you taken her to the vet for a check up? She may have a serious spine injury and may be in pain, I think that's the first thing that needs to be done. Thank goodness you found her, I can't believe how cruel some people are to animals, you're very kind for taking her in and caring for her. If she's grey you can call her Stormy, or just a name to suit her personality...good luck!

Yes I took her to the vet today. They said her legs were just a birth defect. We got her dewormed and we set an appointment to give her vaccinations. Thanks for the advice!

I'm glad you took her in, I guess a leg deformity is better than and spinal/nerve injury. Did the vet say why her bowel movements just leak out? Does she have diarrhea or something wrong with her sphincter muscle? I hope she does okay, she's lucky to be with you now.

You did a great thing by saving her life!! What a scumbag to do that to a kitten. Thank goodness you saw that and took her to the vet. Alpha offers good advice and the vet will help you take good care of her. Do you have a favorite character or book that you could name her after? You'll come up with something. I wish you all the best with her but you did the right thing and please let us know how we can help you more.
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.