Found Wild Birds?

Found Wild Birds?

Hey. I know this isn't a 'pet' topic but here's something that happened to me a few hours ago:
    So basically
    me and another friend went to a beach in my area (its not public or anything, you have to go on a trail to get there), and while we were there we heard chirping, only to discover that there was a baby bird walking around all by itself. The friend that was with me then quickly picked it up because it couldn't fly, we kept it with us for a few minutes, there wasn't any sign of any other bird in sight, besides a bald eagle that we'd seen about 10 minutes before.

Me and
    my friend then found a plastic cake cover, flipped it over and put the bird in, we then put some netting that we found also, on top to keep the bird from getting out. We then found another one (baby bird) and put it in the cover with the other bird. We then heard chirping and after about 5 minutes of searching we found another one but this time it was very far away, we took this one too and put it with the other two birds.

Then, out of nowhere, we seen a bird that was big enough to be the mother, flying around, my friend took one of the three birds and let it run up the beach, which is where the 'mother' was now, she walked over to it, kind of cuddled it, but then flew off, my friend ran and got him and took him back. Then, in the bushes up above us, we heard more chirping, suspecting that there was a nest there, he went up there and checked, but found another bird! He searched for a nest also but couldn't find one.

We put all four of them on the beach without a cover on them and the mother came over and cuddled them, but then some of them ran away. We quickly caught them.
    In the spur of the moment, we gathered grass and sticks and built a tiny little nest using the plastic cake cover and put all four of them in, they sat there and continued chirping. We knew they wouldn't survive on the beach and neither would their mother, so we took them home.

At this moment, they're sitting in the shed with some tissues in their 'nest' to keep them warm. The species of them is KILLDEER (I'm pretty sure)

The main question is, it's too late to bring them to the beach right now. But if we brought them there tomorrow and put them in the grassy field that is there, would their mother find them? If not, what do we do?

Can anyone please help?

I think the best thing you can do is to contact a wildlife service, they will take them and care for them until they are old enough and grown enough to be on their own.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Yes but there is no wildlife service near me. My mom and my friend who knows a lot about animals suggests that we put them back where we found them and they'll be fine?

I doubt it, they will be eaten by predators or starve, if the mom isn't caring for them and you just put them back they will probably die
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

That is true. Also, I just searched up a picture of a mother killdeer bird and it looks NOTHING like the 'mother' we seen huddling with the babies? Is it possible for birds to cuddle babies that aren't theirs?

anything is possible. But the question is what are you going to do with these babies? You can't bring them back and they are to young to take care of themselves. They must be hungry. Try feeding them tiny pieces of meat and use an eye dropped to give them water. I don't know much about birds but I'm sure someone here more experienced here can advise you

If it's a Killdeer bird, it seems the mothers let them alone to walk around and take their own food, etc. They're supposed to have very little of a 'nest' compared to other birds. I think they should have been left alone, especially after a 'mother' bird came to check on them and cuddle them....but too late for that.

I'd probably try to return them to the area where you got them, and maybe throw down some tiny crickets or something from a pet store for them to eat immediately. Lay low and watch from a distance and see how they do, don't be so quick to pick them up again, they're supposed to be good at disguising themselves and hiding in plain sight. They should be able to walk around freely, not enclosed in any 'nest' or case.

I don't know much about birds, my neighbor gave me a baby duck to deal with once, and I left it off at an animal hospital who had a contact with a wildlife rehab person. Depending on the bird species, the mothers and babies behave differently. Good luck with these babies, if they can survive in their natural area where found, that would be best for them. http://benburtt.blogspot.com/2004/07...ng-habits.html

If the OP still has the birds they should call some vet offices and see if know of any one that is an wildlife expert or the vet may take care of the birds . Poor birdies !

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.