Can I have a bird in these circumstances?

Can I have a bird in these circumstances?

I've been very interested in getting a green cheeked conure as a pet. I'm rather new to birds so I need advice on my situation. I would love to have a pet bird but I have to move between two houses on a weekly basis since my parents are divorced. I know these birds crave attention so I assumed I'd have to bring it back and forth with me. Is this a bad idea? Do birds hate riding in the car? Would I be adding too much stress to the birds life? Thank you for any and all answers.

I don't have much experience with birds, just had an African Grey parrot for a short period of time in my younger days. But in my opinion, it would be a bad idea because the bird would be stressed with the constant moving and being in different locations. Also, they are sensitive to changes in temperature, drafts, etc.

I think for the benefit of your pet bird, you should wait until your life is a bit more settled, maybe when you have your own place, how old are you now? If one of your parents happens to love birds, and would be happy to feed and care for it and give it affection and attention, then that might be okay to leave the bird at that house. If either of your parents have other pets, that's something else to consider for the safety of the bird.

I'm sorry I don't have a more positive answer, just trying to be realistic. Welcome to the forum!

Wait until you are more permanently situated, in a place where you can have an enclosure big enough for the bird to actually spread it's wings and fly.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.