How can I keep my cat interested in catnip toys?

Question How can I keep my cat interested in catnip toys?

Every time I buy a new catnip toy, Daisy goes bonkers. She can't get enough catnip. But within 24 hours she stops reacting to the catnip and just plays with it like there is no odor. This is disappointing to see because I don't want to keep buying more toys she will.only use for a few days. Any idea why she does this? Should I buy something like catnip spray or buy a refillable catnip toy?
    Rescued is my favorite breed. Don't shop, adopt!

Sorry, no advice here, I have absolutely no experience with catnip. The couple of toys that came with it when my cat was a kitten, I just threw out because I read that kittens shouldn't use it, then never had an interest to get it again.

My cat used to love this mouse, you just touch it and it had a realistic squeak. My dog got hold of it and started to tear it apart and there was a button battery in it which can be toxic to pets if eaten. So it was tossed immediately and never replaced. Now since we got this new dog as a pup, I slowly threw out all the cat toys so he wouldn't swallow them. We just play one on one with him with a feather wand. http://www.petforums.com/showthread....=natural+mouse

catnip doesn't stay fresh for very long, you can buy a catnip spray and spray the toy every couple of days to keep the cat interested. Walmart sells it in bags also, rub the cat nip on the toy and even if pieces fall on the floor its ok, its safe for the cat to eat.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

LOL It is so cute when cats eat catnip. I read doing that makes them high for a short time.
    Rescued is my favorite breed. Don't shop, adopt!

the effects only last about five minutes but most cats love catnip
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.