Protecting glass decorations without moving them

Thumbs down Protecting glass decorations without moving them

Unfortunately Daisy got the bad idea to start jumping onto a furniture piece in the living room I put glass decorations on. They are two bowls and two blown glass ornaments Mom and I made on a cruise. One bowl was specifically bought for that room; another is from a thrift shop but in perfect condition. As much as I love my cat, I can't spoil her in every way and move them elsewhere. She doesn't make the rules here. Can you see what I am saying?

I know some people use foil or sticky stuff cats don't like on their paws, but this is not an option for me. To be clear, my mom owns the condo - I just live in it for reasons I can't explain - so if she doesn't like the appearance or odor of anything, it can't be used here. I consider myself lucky Daisy is not declawed because of her house rules. So please don't judge me if I seem to reject ideas that would work for normal people.
    Rescued is my favorite breed. Don't shop, adopt!

How high is the piece of furniture? Is it like a wall unit with shelves where the items are on one shelf only, or is it like a low coffee table?

good luck with that, if she wants it bad enough she'll find a way to get it, you could put double sided sticky tape but that might not stop her from bumping it and knocking it over. The only to be sure its safe is to move it to another room where she doesn't go. Other than that your bowl is in danger.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    How high is the piece of furniture? Is it like a wall unit with shelves where the items are on one shelf only, or is it like a low coffee table?
    I measured it for you. It is 38 inches high and mostly shelves with two doors. The decorations are on the top surface.

Quote Originally Posted by CatMom1994 View Post
    I measured it for you. It is 38 inches high and mostly shelves with two doors. The decorations are on the top surface.
    I was going to suggest that if it's a shelf, especially a short one to cover it with plexiglass or glass, but if it's on top there's not many options. There is always a chance of breakage, but I have to say with my cat he hasn't broken any of my knickknacks on top of my units/shelves or one them.

Linda had a good idea with the double sided tape, that would definitely help the item from not being knocked down on the floor. Other option is maybe surrounding them with other unbreakable things, like I have some driftwood and rocks that can be used as a 'frame' to protect fragile items. Cats will climb on things though, but in my experience they are pretty careful about walking around things when needed. Sorry, no really good solutions here.

How long is DST (double sided tape) effective? Will the black paint come off with it?

I guess there's clear types that say they are removable and won't mar surfaces. This one is indoor and outdoor, so I can only assume it lasts a long time indoors. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0711DTH9B?psc=1 Just don't get the permanent kind, you want to be able to remove it from the bowl and shelf.

Thanks. I will check it out.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.