Images and videos not appearing in all posts

Exclamation Images and videos not appearing in all posts

Most of the time I have no problem seeing still images and video clips in posts. That was not the case in the Catitude thread. Some posts in it are just a blank line as if the poster did not post any content. I knew something was wrong because other people replied to images I could not see. (Where is the cat playing basketball?) I have the latest version of Mozilla Firefox and do not want to change browsers just to see a few more cute pictures of cats. Is this happening to anyone else? Do you have suggestions?
    Rescued is my favorite breed. Don't shop, adopt!

You shouldn't have trouble watching any videos since they are all from youtube, if you can't watch one, you can't watch any of them.

Most images on that thread are hosted on various other websites, they are not hosted on this forum, it's possible that some of the websites blocked your access. It shouldn't be a browser problem, one easy way to verify that is reading the thread using a web proxy (Find one on Google).

Thanks. I guess all I am missing are still images.
    Rescued is my favorite breed. Don't shop, adopt!

CatMom, the cat playing basketball picture is not there any more, I just checked. I think sometimes when something is copied like that and the original person who posted the photo online moves it or deletes it, it can stop showing in posts. Nothing can be done about it, sorry. There are old photos and videos in other forums on the web that also disappear in time, especially the really old posts.

There were quite a few in that thread, I removed them. It's nothing wrong on your end, the people who own the pictures probably moved them or the website where they were posted deleted them. You'll see that in other threads too.

Aha, I didn't think of that, it explained everything.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.