Zen Monastery Dog!

Question Zen Monastery Dog!

Haha well hopefully that title got your attention!

I am planning to go to Gyobutsuji Zen Monastery in America. This is a monastery known for it's intense Zen meditation practice.

One really interesting thing is that the Abbot rescued a dog that just kind of showed up. He loves this Border Collie to pieces and since I don't really know much about Dogs I thought I would join and try and learn, especially about Border Collies.

Maybe some suggestions on things Border Collies really like or that would be a really nice gift to a monk who doesn't have a lot of money but loves his furry friend a lot?

Thanks guys!

A squeaky ball toy usually does the trick when it comes to those types of dogs
    Dog tracks are amazing lmao

border collies are really high energy dogs, they are herding dogs and want a job or they get into mischief, I'd say get some kind of puzzle toy, keep him amused while he's figuring out how to get the treat out.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.