birds in cages

birds in cages

I am always concerned that people will put birds in cages that are too small for the birds to move/fly around. I am wondering how many pet bird owners use cages that actually are large enough, or else let the birds fly around rooms. I have not had pet birds for decades, but when I/my family did, we let them fly around the house.

I don't like to see anything in a cage, especially if they are put in a cage and never bothered with again except to feed them. That is no life for anything, birds belong outside flying around where they were meant to be. I'm not a big fan of birds because I don't like anything that can fly at me but if I did have one it would not spend its life in a cage
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

There is an animal preserve I've gone to, where they had a lot of exotic birds which were in an area that was not even closed. The birds obviously considered it home, staying in the same grouping of trees and using the shelter housing that was there for them. I was so surprised to see all those colorful birds just stay in one place like that, in a non-tropical climate. Maybe the fact that they had a place to go in cold weather, plus had lots of easily available food, made them feel safe and secure staying there. Some of them were actually calling hello and other things from up in the trees.

Quote Originally Posted by catsandcorals View Post
    I am always concerned that people will put birds in cages that are too small for the birds to move/fly around. I am wondering how many pet bird owners use cages that actually are large enough, or else let the birds fly around rooms. I have not had pet birds for decades, but when I/my family did, we let them fly around the house.
    How many birds you've put in one cage and which you cage you're using. Mine in prevue flight cage. It has enough space to fly around for my budgie.

Quote Originally Posted by gemma23426 View Post
    How many birds you've put in one cage and which you cage you're using. Mine in prevue flight cage. It has enough space to fly around for my budgie.
    That is good to hear. Most of the bird cages I see in pet stores are rediculously small compared to the needs of the birds.

Then you can search on Amazon. It worked for me.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.