Roundworms again!

Roundworms again!

I can't believe I'm writing this again but here I am to say that this morning I found 2 dead worms in vomit. My hubby was off work and was able to take the sample to the vet to get analyzed. I can't believe someone has roundworms again! I'm am really upset that the last time this happened in March we had medication and I really, really thought this worked for them. But no here we go again and tonight all 10 kitties will get treated. Thanks for listening as I am really dumbfounded as to how this is happening. They NEVER go outside...they are indoor only and have no exposure to other animals. UGH!!!
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Even if your kitty never goes outside, there's a good chance that members of the household come and go on a daily basis. Microscopic worm eggs can lay dormant for months, so it's easy to track them in on clothing and footwear. There's no way to avoid them completely when you are outdoors, but you can lower the chances of contamination by removing or cleaning shoes before entering the house.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

I never knew that Linda. I always try to remember to take off my shoes as soon as I come in the house but now I will take them off.

Can you figure out which kittens have worms? I would want to know that before giving all of them medication to prevent the others from becoming resistant to the drug.

Are there any other abnormalities in the litterbox?
    Rescued is my favorite breed. Don't shop, adopt!

Wow, Esme, you've certainly had more than your share of roundworm problems with your kitties.....so sorry to hear you're going through it again. Hope the medication works and this is the end of them for good. It is a shame that all the cats have to be treated, but I can understand why. Good luck my friend.

Thanks everyone for your support! First treatment was today...weighted everyone and administered the liquid plus a treat at the end. Have to repeat it in 2 weeks and I really hope we are done! The kittens go back later this month for the rabies shot and checkup so I'll try to wrangle a fecal sample for that visit. But oh man I can't believe it!

It is hard to believe it's all happening again, such a worry and stress for you and the cats.

Are the kittens cooperating when you give them meds?

I bet they love getting treats afterward.
    Rescued is my favorite breed. Don't shop, adopt!

My hubby and have the routine down. We get one by one and use our bathroom with the door closed to weigh them and give them the dosage. Thank goodness everyone has been good about it and I think the treats help.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.