Nonprofit flies animals scheduled to be euthanized to no-kill shelters

Thumbs up Nonprofit flies animals scheduled to be euthanized to no-kill shelters

In a world where most news about dogs is bad news and daily pet rescues are largely ignored, here is one of the rare stories about what nonprofit animal shelters do for homeless dogs:

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...ntry/23194275/

Many barks and tail wags for these wonderful caring people!
    Rescued is my favorite breed. Don't shop, adopt!

That's great, all shelters should be no kill, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    That's great, all shelters should be no kill, IMO.
    Obviously! It is sad that the shelters in California could not take care of the dogs.
    Rescued is my favorite breed. Don't shop, adopt!

The shelters in California are horrible ! My sister moved there with her family and their black lab ,she didn't know there was a leash law and dogs were not allowed to be lose in their own yard ! My sister's dog was picked up and she called and asked how long she had to get her dog b/c she just moved here and had to get a car . She was told she had 5 days , she went to the shelter on the second day and was told her dog was dead ! The bastards killed her dog and lied to my sister in how long she had to get him ! When I moved to Ca. with my dog I was staying at a friend's house and she was sitting on her pouch and my dog was sleeping next to her the damn ACO picked my dog up and my friend was yelling that her friend just moved here and has no way to get her dog. I was able to get a ride to get my dog back before she was killed ! My dog I have now is a rescue dog from Ca. the was shipped all the was to Massauchettes and was very sick when I adopted him. I kept my dog , the shelter he was shipped to didn't want him back ! People needs to stop breeding more dogs when there 1000 being killed each day across the country .

Nightowl that's horrible about your sister's dog and I didn't realize this about CA. I also believe that people mainly breed animals to make money and I really wish others would go to shelters to adopt instead of getting animals from breeders!
    “Save a life and save a stray”

This did happen years ago but I think it's may be worse in Ca. now with people having to evacuation b/c of wildfires and being forced to leave their pets behind . Yes my poor sister broke down crying on the floor when she was told her dog was killed . I heard that a lot of 'backyard 'breeders are women trying to made a easy fast buck . There was on news a story about a woman being arrested for animals cruelty she was a back yard breeder. I wasn't able to watch the report and put on another channel so I didn't hear all the all the horrible details . I am worried about all the pets that are displaces in Tx. right now , I hope they will be reunited with their families or rescues by people that will bring them to no kill shelters.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.