Help. Don't know what to do about accidents

Help. Don't know what to do about accidents

Hi! I just recently moved into a new apartment with my basset (Lucy, 11) and my dachshund/chihuahua mix (Duke, 10). For the first month they were great and no accidents other than 2 poops but they were both on days I got home later and by the door so I couldn't blame them. About a week ago, I got the totes moved from in front of my door to the basement (there's also access to the basement from the porch) and used it a time or two. Ever since then, someone has been peeing consistently right in front of that door while I'm at work and I'm at my wits end. Before the apartment we were living w my stepdad and his 16 year old yorkie mix that had accidents a lot causing mine to not be as great bc the smells and such, but I was really hoping for a fresh start and I don't want to go back to crating as they haven't been crated since they were 2 and 3 years old. I've tried cleaning it with target brand natures miracle and I did vinegar and got water tonight. Any and all input would be appreciated. I make sure they go out before I leave for work and I am gone about 9 hrs with drive time unfortunately. Is that just an unreasonable amount of time to expect no accidents? I just can't have my apartment smelling like dog urine. Help.

First of all change in your routine is tough on animals. Plus they are older so I would think it's tough for them to wait for you to get home and not have an accident. Do you have someone who can let them out?
    “Save a life and save a stray”

take them to the vet to make sure they have no infection or other medical problem, if they are ok then get a belly band. You put a sanitary napkin in it so if they dribble it will stay in the pad. They can't pee with the band on. It holds the penis up against the stomach so they can not pee. If there is nothing physically wrong with them the belly band will cure your problem
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.