Please Help! Survey on Dog Food Business Idea

Please Help! Survey on Dog Food Business Idea

Hi everyone! I am brand new to Pet Forums. I am of course a dog lover and I'm looking to turn my passion into a business. I'm presently in the throes of creating a dog food business. The concept is still in its infancy, but I am happy to be here and excited to learn from all of you! I am seeking your assistance. If you have some time and are willing to provide feedback I created a survey to essentially test the waters with my dog nutrition business concept. You would be doing me (and countless dogs!) an incredible service if you could take a few moments to fill out the following survey. Thank you all in advance!

https://goo.gl/forms/yAdzqMJ95kkALBCR2

Oh! And for those of you who are curious, my fur baby happens to be an American Bulldog named Stonewall Jackson. Here's a picture of him when he was just a wee pup!

I can't fill out the survey because I don't have a dog, but would love to make some suggestions.
    Rescued is my favorite breed. Don't shop, adopt!

CatMom1994, any suggestions would be so welcomed!!! Thank you in advance for any feedback you may have.

I took your survey but I feed raw so probably no help to you
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Quote Originally Posted by taylor.reneegrace View Post
    CatMom1994, any suggestions would be so welcomed!!! Thank you in advance for any feedback you may have.
    By far the most important thing is only using healthy ingredients that are beneficial to dogs. Many companies claim a recipe is "all natural" because it is, but that does not mean it is healthy if those natural ingredients include carrageenan (kelp extract), a known carcinogen with no nutritional value, and grains that are difficult for dogs to digest. Corn is completely natural, but a lot of dogs are allergic to it. Visit http://www.truthaboutpetfood.com/ to learn all the nasty tricks pet food companies use that have led many people to feed dogs raw diets.

Thank you so much, Linda! It's actually extremely helpful! Have a great weekend.

CatMom, thank you so much! I'm a research librarian by day so I actually have peer-reviewed research from leading veterinary and food policy journals which prove much of what you just stated. I love to show people real evidential proof! Carageenan is scary isn't it??? I hope you have a great weekend and thank you again for weighing in!

Stonewall is quite handsome. Sorry but currently I have cats and wouldn't add anything to the dog food survey. I wish you well with that though.
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Quote Originally Posted by taylor.reneegrace View Post
    CatMom, thank you so much! I'm a research librarian by day so I actually have peer-reviewed research from leading veterinary and food policy journals which prove much of what you just stated. I love to show people real evidential proof! Carageenan is scary isn't it??? I hope you have a great weekend and thank you again for weighing in!
    Carrageenan is scary because it causes cancer. The FDA is in the process of banning it in some products for humans. Unfortunately, the AAFCO does not care.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.