Disinterested rescue dog: Can she change?

Question Disinterested rescue dog: Can she change?

Recently met an adorable Shih Tzu/Boston Terrier dog up for adoption. We met at a pet store rescue event. Dog was very interested in surroundings...smelling everything, walking around to look at things, and wagging its tail at a particularly fluffy big dog. Unfortunately, she was not interested in people/pets or rubs/treats offered. Wondering if this is stress from being rescued or her personality. Does any have any experience or thoughts here?

Foster mom insists she's friendlier at home after warming up to people, but am worried this is just her personality.

The dog is probably fine, get her in a home, give her attention on her terms, ignore her and let her come to you. If you ignore her and just go about your daily routine she will be curious and want to see what's going on, it may take a little time but she will come around. I had a rescue shepherd, she had been badly abused and only knew the crate, I gave her a crate, left the door open and she'd peek out to see what I was doing, if I spoke to her she run back in the crate, I let her be and in her own time she started coming out more and more and started seeking attention. Didn't take her long to bond tightly to me, I was maybe the only one to show her love and attention and she was very loving in return. If you want this dog go for it, he'll come around and make a fine companion for you.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.