Cat not liking her food anymore?

Question Cat not liking her food anymore?

I don't get it. Blue Freedom Indoor Adult Chicken Pate was by far Daisy's favorite food since she started eating it. Now she is rejecting it. Nothing has changed. She just seems to not like it. Mom thinks I put too much in the bowl because she does not know how long the food has been out. Am I doing something wrong? Each serving is 1/4 of a can or close to that. Am I doing it wrong?
    Rescued is my favorite breed. Don't shop, adopt!

Do you switch off to any other flavors or brands, maybe she's just out of the mood. I rotate my canned cat food and feed 1/3 can per day, he sometimes leaves it and goes back to it, but usually finishes it all each day.

I must have an abnormally big eater, mine eat four cans a day plus their dry food is always out. I feed natural balance turkey and giblets, chicken hearts and liver and once in a while shrimp and salmon.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    Do you switch off to any other flavors or brands, maybe she's just out of the mood. I rotate my canned cat food and feed 1/3 can per day, he sometimes leaves it and goes back to it, but usually finishes it all each day.
    That was how I did the three-week taste test. The inconsistency among other brands led me to stick with Blue Freedom chicken. I know it is better to switch off, but it is much cheaper to subscribe to one. The 15% or whatever savings per order adds up!

I am desperate for a solution now. I just got another order from Petco so Daisy is stuck with it for two months if she really does not like it. She had no problem eating a full can each day but now it is hard to make her eat 1/4 of a can despite her good appetite.

It's expensive, but they have freeze dried cat treats that you can crumble between your fingers like powder. One brand my cat really likes is Orijen, but there are others like Stella and Chewy. Instead of using it as a treat which can be pricey, you can just crumble some over her food, and I think you'll get good results, and at that rate the bag should last a loooong time. I'm not sure if Petco or Petsmart has them, but they should have some brand. https://www.orijen.ca/foods/cat-food/#fd-cat-treats

Thanks Alpha. She likes her dry food and treats, just not the wet stuff.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.