Mister Chewey What a great company

Mister Chewey What a great company

Yesterday my daughter found her very very old (20+) cat dead under her bed. A while ago he had had surgery for crystals and had a special medicated diet which cost $74 for a 15 pound bag. The day before she had gotten a food delivery from Mr. Chewy, hadn't even opened the box yet and obviously not the bag of food either. She called Mr. Chewy, explained the cat had died and could she return the food for a refund. She was told they would refund her payment immediately and when she asked about sending the food back they told her to keep it and donate it to a shelter. How nice is that? When my son in law took the cat to the shelter to have him cremated he gave them the food, they were so pleased to get it, told him they have old cats there that eat the medicated food and they very seldom get any donations for it.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

I am sorry your daughter's cat died. Let her know how lucky he was to have such a long life in a loving home.

Mr. Chewy is unlike any other company that way. Most companies would just tell you to return it for a refund. I am glad the shelter was able to use a prescription diet for its sick cats.
    Rescued is my favorite breed. Don't shop, adopt!

Rest in peace, Very Very Old Cat.

Wow, great story. Good spirit from that company.

So sorry about your daughter's cat Linda, that was very good of the company for sure!

She had gone to the shelter to get a cat that needed a home, she wound up taking brothers together, she still has the brother, they were 4 years old and both declawed, she has had them for over 16 years and they were 4 when she got them so they are at least 20 years old. More or less, depending on if the shelter was right that they were 4 to begin with.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Linda I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your daughter's cat. Having him pass at home is comforting though but I feel bad for his brother...he will miss him too. Hearing that chewy.com was so generous is touching.
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.