Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I Took A Neighbor's Cat To The Vet Before Asking In An Emergency, Friend Mad

I have been seeing Feather and the neighbors, and yesterday invited them to dinner. Of course I have 7 cats, so they had to leave Feather at home or this would go about as well as skiing through a revolving door.

They are so grateful! They loved my cooking -- when I invited them, I did ask if they had dietary restrictions. Salt was out of the question so I made rib eyes, baked potatoes, seasoned green beans and a salad.

They brought dessert ... blueberry cobbler!

We had a blast!

When they left, I sent them home with two catnip mice and a fidget spinner. My cats go nuts over fidget spinners!

Saw Feather today as I came back from running errands. He is so precious, and his owners are too. You folks were right. Our neighbors are now good friends. His fur is coming back well from that nasty scrape.

We don't have just neighbors now, we have friends. They loved our cats and dog!

Love and thanks to all

Saav
    Adopt a kitty and save nine lives.

things do have a way of working themselves out. Good for you and good for your new friends and neighbors.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Yes and thank you all!

I appreciate your support. I have told my ex friend to take a long walk off a short pier. She likes dogs, but not cats.

I don't understand people like that who would actually argue dogs are better. They are ALL precious (sorry forgive the caps please don't warn me this time, please)

I meant the caps well. I have a dog and 7 cats. They are really all precious, although I do come across as a cat person but I may have made a mistake.

All pets are precious. Their lives are so important. She said, "It's just a cat."

My head exploded.

I asked, "What if it was my dog, Lilly?"

She said, "Oh, that's different. Cats are all over the place and nothing special."

One less friend now and made new friends over this and blocked her number from my phone.

I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea here. Cat, dog, whatever, in the road I will pick them up and get them off the road, hopefully to emergency vet or if too late, to owners.

I believe as a human being I owe a debt to my fellow humans. After all, if one of my cats happen to get out and get hit, I'd appreciate any help I could get.

I love you folks so much and thank you!!

you didn't lose much of a friend to say something like that. Whether you like something or not anyone with any compassion would help a suffering animal. Just because you don't like something is no reason to be cruel to it. Got to wonder how people like that sleep at night. But karma is a b--ch, in the end what you do comes back to them one way or another
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

So happy to hear that Feather is doing so well and you had a nice get together with your neighbors, they sound like very nice folks! As far as your friend, glad she took a long walk. A lot of people don't like cats, but even those would help one injured on the road, it's just a defenseless animal. She sounds very self-centered, and cold hearted at least. You're a good and kind person and of that you should be very proud.

This thread reminds me of what some people complain about in pet loss chat rooms. They talk about being very nice to their friends with animals - petsitting, giving them sympathy cards, etc. - but don't get anything but crap when their own pets die. The most common response to that is, "They are not real friends."
    Rescued is my favorite breed. Don't shop, adopt!

Saav, I cannot for the life of me figure out why somebody would care so much about dogs, but think cats are "nothing special." If a dog is not "just a dog" why is a cat "just a cat"?

I'm glad you have great new friends in your neighbors!

Oh goodness people, you all have warmed my heart about this so much! I could not agree any more!

We have been visiting back and forth a whole lot now, nearly every day, sharing lunch or dinner a few times when my and hubby's work schedule allows. I know this may sound terrible, but I am much happier with them and Feather as friends as I was with my former friend. They love our cats and dog! Also, they have traveled the world, and we are trading recipes, food, fun, and stories.

I saw Feather today, his fur is pretty much grown back, and he has made no moves to try to get outside yet. Unless you look verrrrrrrrrrrrry closely at the abrasion site on his shoulder, you really wouldn't notice it.

They brought me a little gift the last week from the local Humane Society Thrift Store. Feather's mom apologized because she paid only $2.00 for it but you're not going to believe what it was!!!!!

It's a tiny little china cat statue, about 3" high .... but nearly a perfect replica of our Isis, a black and white tuxedo, who we lost last year and y'all were with me then and helped me through losing her.

I cried. It looks just like Isis, and I put it in our curio cabinet front and center. They had no idea we had her, much less lost her. I told them of Isis and all, and they understood! I showed them pics of her, and they were amazed at the likeness.

Sometimes the simplest of gifts are the most amazing. You can't put a dollar amount on that.

I got even. I have a friend who is a potter. I called him and said, "Can you make a pot with a wide cork stopper on top that says "Kitty Treats" on it?"

He said, "Sure, is this something really special or not?"

I said it was very special, told him of Feather and Isis and ex-friend and you folks and all, and that it was for Feather.

He said he'd make it for free and it will be ready tomorrow.

Revenge is mine! I can't wait til they get this tomorrow. I have one but much bigger ... with seven cats here we need that and I found mine through a pet place online years ago.

This is handmade and he also included a sweet card to Feather.

I cannot wait!

Such joy ... thank you Feather for being alive when I picked you up. You have made a big difference, precious boy.

I love you all and I thank you sooooo much for your support ... bless you all and thank you all again!

Bless all the kitties and doggerz here, and their humans too.

Love yowl!

Thanks for sharing this with us Saav, what a wonderful update and thread that brings a smile. So nice that they gave you that statue, and amazing that it resembled your little Isis. You're sweet to make them a special cat treat jar for Feather. We're very much affected by the company we keep, glad you went with the positive.

Awww, how sweet. You exchanged one "friend" for three real friends (Feather counts here). The cat statue part came directly from heaven.

That is really wonderful and heartwarming Saav
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Just an update ...

They loved the Kitty Treats container, he put pawprints on it.

The card was awesome! It came with a coupon for pet food and a gift card for $10.00.

We were off yesterday, and had dinner again, and saw pics of their trip to Israel back in 1996! So lovely!!

Anyway ... we have the best of friends now and we are all so happy! Feather is awesome as usual and loves his toys, and so, well, I look back and all your replies and all your love, and think, "I am so glad I found him."

Alive.

Thank God, alive.

I don't want to have this thread go on forever, so I will close with this:

Thank you thank you thank you and rest assured the world is terrific here in our corner of the world.

I may just write a story about Feather! You never know.

God bless you all and hugs,

Your Saav

Never tire of hearing about Feather and his family Saav, and you are an angel for saving him! Glad they liked your gift, it sounds very nice and sooo thoughtful of you!

I know there is a reason for everything and truly believe Feather's short-term suffering led to long-term relationships because God has a plan for all of us. God bless you and Feather.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.