Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Puppy afraid of everyone & everything

It just breaks my heart thinking he would come from an abusive breeder. I really hope I can help him. He's a really sweet lil guy and I can tell he could have a great personality under all that anxiety and fear. I don't want his fear to turn into aggression though, he's going to be a very large dog, so I definitely have a lot of work to do. Thank you all for your help! I posted some photos of him on here.

p.s he's great at taking photos , he doesn't move lol

Aww, your dogs are beautiful and it looks like they really like each other. The pup looks happy in those pictures! You know sometimes I think that fate brings us together with certain animals, maybe he needed you to love him and that why you chose him. I really believe that your heart is in the right place and you can make him feel secure, you haven't had him that long, just give it time. I think you'll see small improvements every day. Please keep us updated on his progress, good luck....it feels good.

Thank you! They get along great and my older pup just loves him to death lol. I know it's going to sound crazy but Leonidas reminds me of my beautiful orange kitty that just passed away a few months ago. I love him and I know it'll work out no matter what. I'll keep you updated , thank you

it will work out, he's young enough that you can turn things around for him. patience and kindness goes a long way with these fearful dogs. Give it a little time and in no time you'll see a different dog. No matter where he came from.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Quote Originally Posted by Miaowmiaowz View Post
    Thank you! They get along great and my older pup just loves him to death lol. I know it's going to sound crazy but Leonidas reminds me of my beautiful orange kitty that just passed away a few months ago. I love him and I know it'll work out no matter what. I'll keep you updated , thank you
    That's really a plus that your older dog is bonding so well with the pup. It doesn't sound crazy at all that Leonidas reminds you of your orange cat, sorry for your loss. Love conquers all, he will feel it and trust you in short time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.