How can we play with our cat to just make her feel we love her so much?

How can we play with our cat to just make her feel we love her so much?

I have a new family member in my house and she is a little cat but she is not feeling secure with me. How can i make her sure that i'm a good friend of her, not a enemy who'll harm her.

with kindness and patience she'll come around assuming she is not a feral cat? Cats love to play with feather sticks and laser pointers and love getting into boxes and bags.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Spend quality alone time with her in a room, lie on the floor and read a book or watch TV with the sound quiet. Get a shoelace, tie a big knot on one end and just start playing with it by yourself, ignoring the cat. Just slowly drag it across the floor, pick it up, put it down, etc. The cat should be watching, but you should ignore her. I think curiosity will make her come over to investigate. If she does, don't talk to her or fuss, no sudden moves, just maybe slowly drag it on the floor again and she may start to play with it. Spending some time alone with her is the best way to gain her confidence and show her you're no threat, but a friend. Good luck!

I have a trick of introducing new cats to old ones but this will work, it did for a friend.

Go to a natural food store or co-op and get those cotton tie tea bags. Get a pile of them.

Then go to the counter where they have all the fresh herbs and stuff, get big bags of valerian root and catnip. Go find a good laser pointer then go home, lock yourself in the bathroom and fill bags (1 per cat) of half valerian and half catnip and tie them up ....

Once you have enough, go out and throw them on the floor and use the laser pointer as a tease. These are a cat magnet. It never fails. I have been doing this for over 20 years with all my cats, but just introduced ther laser pointer in 2013. That just adds to the fun, the cat loves it and now I have 7 cats addicted to the laserpointer and bags .... and happy campers.

I leave the bags out on the floors untill they get drooled on too much. Replace and repeat. They love it!
    Adopt a kitty and save nine lives.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.