Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Pit bull attack

Pit bull attack

I'm sure everyone by now has heard about the pit bull attack on a 7 year old boy in Ma. on Saturday? The boy was killed and the dog was shot by the police. Where were the parents? The kid had been warned many times not to go in that fenced in yard. Kids would stand outside the fence and tease the dogs. Its a shame what happened to the child but the parents need to take responsibility for their kid's action. Now you know the state is up in arms about making a pit bull ban. We only hear about these kinds of attacks, only the pit bulls, never any other breed when other breeds can do as much damage as a pit.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Ironically it's mostly the people in this scenerio, not dogs, who want blood. Like uninformed savages.

http://www.lowellsun.com/news/ci_313...an-hour-lowell

the dog was shot by police about 20 times
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Why do police think the solution is shooting the dog, not informing the owners their furbaby attacked a kid?
    Rescued is my favorite breed. Don't shop, adopt!

Why do police think the solution is shooting the dog? That should be illegal. It is 100% the owner's responsibility for leaving the dog outside near little kids and not training them.

the dogs were in a fenced in yard, the parents should teach their kids not to tease dogs and not to go into a fenced in property at any time but especially not where there are dogs. If the kid had been home in his own yard where he belonged and the parents knew where he was this tragedy wouldn't have happened. Its as much the parents fault as the dogs

Did the parents know their kid was outside?

There's so much hate in the comment section of that article
    Dog tracks are amazing lmao

Quote Originally Posted by CatMom1994 View Post
    Did the parents know their kid was outside?
    The kid parents had to been aware that their child was warned to not go near the dogs . The dogs very well could had been well trained and attacked the boy b/c he got into their space . I had a hearing dog who was a Standard Poodle and I was at a doctor's office with him . My dog was lying down like I told him to do , a mother was with a her baby and was letting the baby crawl into my dog's space and I was thinking WTF ! I told the mother that my dog is very well trained and some other dog may not be and not like a baby getting into it space ! I had to repeat myself before the damn fool understood the danger she putting her baby into by letting it crawl right into a strange dog's space and face . The mother thought I was over reacting and so did the person working in the doctor's office. Parents are too worried about being their kids best friends today instead of being parents and worrying their kids won't like them get mad at them. You can see it when out in stores today, kids are running all over the store pulling things off the shelves or bumping into people . We couldn't get away with that shit when I was child and either did my child .

Nighowl, little kids don't understand it is socially inappropriate to pet service animals. It should have been obvious to the mom your dog is not a regular pet. BTW are you deaf?

It does not matter about the dog breed. Police still shoot dogs and sometimes they have to to save a life, if it was the persons fault or not. Sometimes it is a humans life or a dogs life. I hope you will agree with me that a humans life is more important. Now don't get me wrong I hate when police shoot dogs but sometimes they have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull hater View Post
    It does not matter about the dog breed. Police still shoot dogs and sometimes they have to to save a life, if it was the persons fault or not. Sometimes it is a humans life or a dogs life. I hope you will agree with me that a humans life is more important. Now don't get me wrong I hate when police shoot dogs but sometimes they have to.
    It looks like we have successfully convinced you pit bulls are not worse than other dogs.

Of course humans are more important than dogs, but that does not make it right for police to shoot dogs. The solution is training kids and dogs to prevent attacks from happening.

kids don't know any better, they need to be taught and its up to the parents to teach them and if they don't understand the dangers of approaching a strange dog then the parents need to keep the child safe even if it means keeping the kid with them at all times. Of course there is always the parent that is no smarter than the kid and encourages them to approach by saying "look at the pretty dog", you know the kid will want to run up to the dog to pet it. So who is to blame? Certainly not the dog but its the dog that gets in trouble if it bites the kid. I was out in my yard with Phoenix one day and a teenager rode by on his bike, he stopped right in front of the yard and said "what a beautiful dog, can I pet her as he was walking towards her, I said no, she will bite you, he hesitated then said dogs like me, I said this one doesn't, he got back on his bike but kept riding back and forth so I brought her inside. If this kid persisted in trying to pet her he would have gotten bitten. Who would have been at fault? The teenager of course, you'd think a teenager would know enough to not try to push things after he'd been warned but if she had been outside alone it would not have ended well for him.

^ Good story.

Teenagers are jerks. You can't reason with them any more than little kids sometimes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.