Mistaken identity

Mistaken identity

I was walking my Border Collie in a fenced in dog park one time and she is usually right at my side or just in front of me. Well as I walked around the park, I noticed that she was no longer near me. I started looking for her and about 50 yards (meters for you metric folk) from where I was. I called her name and she came running back towards me. I guess she thought I was some other fat, bald headed guy...
    Last edited by rdm41234; 10-27-2017 at 05:22 PM.

I doubt it, its your scent they recognize not what you look like. She just saw something interesting that caught her eye and wandered off.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    I doubt it, its your scent they recognize not what you look like. She just saw something interesting that caught her eye and wandered off.

You are probably right. Someone else told me that also. It's just an amusing story.

RDM

Glad she recognized you as her fat, bald-headed guy with a distinct smell. I was just telling my husband something similar with our dog. We take him daily to a big off leash dog park, and the other day when my husband decided not to go with us, I went alone with Bigfoot. I always look back and check on him, he's only 2ish and still very baby-like, he was standing behind me on the dirt road looking around, as if he was missing my husband's presence.

When I turned around and stopped to make sure he caught up with me, he just stood there, looking at me like I was a complete stranger. I had to call him in a friendly way and squat on the ground to welcome him and praise him for coming. Gotta keep an eye on our furkids for sure, would hate to lose him out there....or anywhere.

The other person could of had some treats for dog on their self and that why you dog was following the person . I was in the woods with my last dog once and had some salmon dog treats in my shorts pocket and I was the pied piper of dogs ! I had dogs following me and some dogs were trying to put their noses into my pocket ! I am glad my shorts weren't pulled off me . That was first and last time I brought salmon dog treats to park or woods for my dog ! LOL!

At least she recognized you when you called her name
    Dog tracks are amazing lmao

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.