Kitten pukes in food bowl?

Kitten pukes in food bowl?

Lately Iíve noticed my kitten has been having watery throw ups right on the water side of her food bowl. The throw up is yellow and mostly liquid. Should I be concerned about this? Iíve never seen her do it but I do notice it when I go to feed her. If she does throw up it is only in her food bowl, nowhere else. We just got her so we are still on our first bag of food, therefore sheís only tried one kind from us. Should we change the food?

LOL That must be an interesting sight. Many cats throw up right after eating, but it usually is undigested when that happens.

The yellow color is alarming. I would definitely take her to the vet.
    Rescued is my favorite breed. Don't shop, adopt!

It can be cause for concern, it sounds like bile from stomach acids. Does the kitten have an empty stomach when you feed her? What kind of food are you feeding, is it dry? Maybe you should switch to a good quality canned food that would be easier to digest.

Is the kitten eating well, gaining weight, etc? How many times a day are you feeding her. She might be eating too fast, but some undigested food would be mixed in the bile. It's possible that it's some other condition that needs the attention of a vet as CatMom suggested. If it was my kitten, I keep a close eye and see a doctor right away if this happens more than once or twice. Good luck and welcome.

I feed her about twice a day and I switch between wet and dry food but I only seem to notice the throw up when she eats the dry food. I am definitely taking her to the vet soon, I just donít know when yet. She is gaining weight but there could be a small concern that she isnít eating all the food I give her because we have a dog as well who will sometimes helps herself to the kittens food! Other than that I try to keep a close eye on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mirandapayne View Post
    I feed her about twice a day and I switch between wet and dry food but I only seem to notice the throw up when she eats the dry food. I am definitely taking her to the vet soon, I just don’t know when yet. She is gaining weight but there could be a small concern that she isn’t eating all the food I give her because we have a dog as well who will sometimes helps herself to the kittens food! Other than that I try to keep a close eye on it.
    That tells you not to feed her dry food, which is bad for cats anyway. Going to the vet is a good idea, but the solution could just be a simple diet change.

Quote Originally Posted by mirandapayne View Post
    I feed her about twice a day and I switch between wet and dry food but I only seem to notice the throw up when she eats the dry food. I am definitely taking her to the vet soon, I just don’t know when yet. She is gaining weight but there could be a small concern that she isn’t eating all the food I give her because we have a dog as well who will sometimes helps herself to the kittens food! Other than that I try to keep a close eye on it.
    I feed dry and canned food daily, the canned or wet food is better for cats in general. I always put my cat's food up on the kitchen counter, I have a space just for him, or the dog would probably eat his food too. Good that she's gaining weight, and to take her in for a check up as soon as you can, that never hurts to make sure they're healthy and nothing bad is going on.

If you must feed dry food, don't give her 50/50. Most of her diet should come in cans.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.